Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi guys,
    I'm hoping to go into the opticians industry hence I'm trying to apply for optical assistant jobs. Does anyone have any info on how I can apply?
    There's independent stores that I can hand my cv in but they don't get back to me probably cause I have no experience 😭 also big chain stores such as specsavers etc who require experience. Do you think I can hand my cv in the big optical stores? Any help shall be appreciated x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by NTS98)
    Hi guys,
    I'm hoping to go into the opticians industry hence I'm trying to apply for optical assistant jobs. Does anyone have any info on how I can apply?
    There's independent stores that I can hand my cv in but they don't get back to me probably cause I have no experience 😭 also big chain stores such as specsavers etc who require experience. Do you think I can hand my cv in the big optical stores? Any help shall be appreciated x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My local Specsavers were hiring recently and they said no experience was required on their posters. Just go in to as many stores as you like, be confident and ask if you can hand in your CV etc. You'll be fine. Alternatively, large stores might post their vacancies online, so you can apply there.

(Original post by Edminzodo)
    My local Specsavers were hiring recently and they said no experience was required on their posters. Just go in to as many stores as you like, be confident and ask if you can hand in your CV etc. You'll be fine. Alternatively, large stores might post their vacancies online, so you can apply there.
    Some stores eg independent smaller ones don't have "optical assistant" roles / they don't name it optical assistant . How can i apply for these stores? I.e what do I say when I hand in my cv

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.