Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does he have feelings for me? List included - Watch

ReputationRep:
    He's asked to see me on Friday. We've been on a long summer break but I'm a little confused so, if a guy does all these things, does it mean he likes you/ has feelings for you? Just bit of context on the situation. We both met on the first day of uni, 11 months ago. When he walked in, girls literally swooned. ( I kid you not). But he is a classic introvert and many of the girls ran tired of trying to 'Persue' him as he never batted an eyelid. But when we started talking, back in September/October there was a connection right away. Currently, we are worlds away from where we started. He is an introvert so coming out of his shell took time and patience. I'm not to sure whether he's developed feelings for me over this period of time. He's asked me out this Friday and I have no idea if it is as friends or as something more. So the list below are things his done for me that make me think maybe something is there. I'd like your opinions on it to clarity if there might be something there, or if it's all in my head.

-he's brought me 'surprise' breakfasts to our 1:1 study sessions
    -he's apologised for his friends behaviour and also my friend said he became really uncomfortable when his friends were teasing me
    -he's driven me home a couple of times after uni
    -he surprised me when he found my childhood book and mailed it to me over summer break
    -he regularly speaks to me now, almost everyday (at first he couldn't hold a conversation)
    -he talks about more 'important' things so the future, his family, childhood etc

Those are just a few things really. I don't have a lot of female friends around me at the moment so I don't have anyone to talk about this stuff too. I've also been going through some health scares lately so feeling a little down. I don't know if I'm reading into all this to much or maybe it's something. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks guys. Xx

ReputationRep:
    As an introvert myself, I'd say definitely yes.
    He's comfortable enough with you to do these things so it clearly means something.

I'm an introvert but I think that maybe he's just more comfortable with you and holds you close as a friend. Thatbeing said, it could be something more.

ReputationRep:
    Awww this is so lovely. I'm definitely no expert on relationships and seem to only ever chase the good guys away. So my only advice would be to just enjoy the time you're spending with each other for now. It does seem like he's interested as like you've said he's making much more conversation, and as I am also an introvert, making conversation is really difficult and only comes when I am speaking with someone I am interested in or feel comfortable with.

If it gets to the point where you need to know, just ask, if it's nothing more than a friendship but is still a genuine friendship things might be awkward for a while but it will be back to normal eventually.

Hope everything works out xx

Sounds like he's opening up to you. If he's comfortable enough to speak to you frequently given that introverts only speak to people they want. Through the signs, it does seem like he is interested.

As you are an introvert, what would you do to show someone you're interested in them?

As you are an introvert, what would you do to show someone you're interested then?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Sounds like he's opening up to you. If he's comfortable enough to speak to you frequently given that introverts only speak to people they want. Through the signs, it does seem like he is interested.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely interested in you. Go out on a date and find out more.

ReputationRep:
    Yupsy dopsy doo :excited: :woo: That's a yes in a language I made up

Go for it! He seems like he trusts you enough to be comfortable around you, and if he was uncomfortable with his friends... Oh boy, I can't wait for the date. Oh, that rhymed too... Nevermind. Enjoy :hugs:

Ahelpinghand

I think you should just bring up 'feelings' in a conversation and then try figure out his thoughts. Because you dont want to jump to conclusions and think he likes you if he doesnt and you dont want to be deep in the friendzone if he really does fancy you.

ReputationRep:
    It sure sounds like it

ReputationRep:
    Aim for tongue kiss minimum on first date to bring him out of his shell

ReputationRep:
    Maybe... just be open and ask him, that way you have the opportunity to ask if he wants to take it further...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahelpinghand)
    He's asked to see me on Friday. We've been on a long summer break but I'm a little confused so, if a guy does all these things, does it mean he likes you/ has feelings for you? Just bit of context on the situation. We both met on the first day of uni, 11 months ago. When he walked in, girls literally swooned. ( I kid you not). But he is a classic introvert and many of the girls ran tired of trying to 'Persue' him as he never batted an eyelid. But when we started talking, back in September/October there was a connection right away. Currently, we are worlds away from where we started. He is an introvert so coming out of his shell took time and patience. I'm not to sure whether he's developed feelings for me over this period of time. He's asked me out this Friday and I have no idea if it is as friends or as something more. So the list below are things his done for me that make me think maybe something is there. I'd like your opinions on it to clarity if there might be something there, or if it's all in my head.x
    I would definitely see it as a positive if he's treating you differently from the other girls, regardless of his reason behind it.

[QUOTE=-he's brought me 'surprise' breakfasts to our 1:1 study sessions[/QUOTE] cute, I wouldn't over think it, it's a lovely gesture, shows he cares or he's a foodie. I wouldn't think too much into it though.
    [QUOTE=-he's apologised for his friends behaviour and also my friend said he became really uncomfortable when his friends were teasing me[/QUOTE] means you're special to him, he doesn't want you to think less of him by how his friends are acting or for them to blow things between you two.
    [QUOTE=-he's driven me home a couple of times after uni[/QUOTE] a nice gesture but I have a lot of guy friends who offer to drive me home after work, often that's a friendly gesture, so whilst take note of it, don't read too much into it.
    [QUOTE=-he surprised me when he found my childhood book and mailed it to me over summer break[/QUOTE] this is a great sign he likes you, he's thought about you and sent you a very personalised gift.
    [QUOTE=-he regularly speaks to me now, almost everyday (at first he couldn't hold a conversation)[/QUOTE] he's comfortable talking to you
    [QUOTE=-he talks about more 'important' things so the future, his family, childhood etc[/QUOTE] he's comfortable talking to you. That could either be in a she's a great and trustworthy friend I can open up to or a I like her more than a friend way.

[QUOTE=Those are just a few things really. I don't have a lot of female friends around me at the moment so I don't have anyone to talk about this stuff too. I've also been going through some health scares lately so feeling a little down. I don't know if I'm reading into all this to much or maybe it's something. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks guys. Xx[/QUOTE]

I would say overall things look very positive between you too, if you keep going with the flow he probably will ask you out. Here's the thing though, whilst you should definitely give off some signals that you like him, let him ask you out and do the chasing in that sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahelpinghand)
    He's asked to see me on Friday. We've been on a long summer break but I'm a little confused so, if a guy does all these things, does it mean he likes you/ has feelings for you? Just bit of context on the situation. We both met on the first day of uni, 11 months ago. When he walked in, girls literally swooned. ( I kid you not). But he is a classic introvert and many of the girls ran tired of trying to 'Persue' him as he never batted an eyelid. But when we started talking, back in September/October there was a connection right away. Currently, we are worlds away from where we started. He is an introvert so coming out of his shell took time and patience. I'm not to sure whether he's developed feelings for me over this period of time. He's asked me out this Friday and I have no idea if it is as friends or as something more. So the list below are things his done for me that make me think maybe something is there. I'd like your opinions on it to clarity if there might be something there, or if it's all in my head.

-he's brought me 'surprise' breakfasts to our 1:1 study sessions
    -he's apologised for his friends behaviour and also my friend said he became really uncomfortable when his friends were teasing me
    -he's driven me home a couple of times after uni
    -he surprised me when he found my childhood book and mailed it to me over summer break
    -he regularly speaks to me now, almost everyday (at first he couldn't hold a conversation)
    -he talks about more 'important' things so the future, his family, childhood etc

Those are just a few things really. I don't have a lot of female friends around me at the moment so I don't have anyone to talk about this stuff too. I've also been going through some health scares lately so feeling a little down. I don't know if I'm reading into all this to much or maybe it's something. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks guys. Xx
    As a proud and long standing owner of a penis, I can officially confirm that no guy would go to this much effort if he wasnt interested in you

(Original post by Virgil.)
    As a proud and long standing owner of a penis, I can officially confirm that no guy would go to this much effort if he wasnt interested in you
    😂😂 that made me laugh, thanks!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 9, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.