Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Private accommodations?

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    Let explain my situation. I'm going to DMU this year and I haven't booked an accommodation because I wasn't sure if I would go. Seeing that now it's too late for me to stay in the student hall, it's probably all full. I'm looking for some alternative but I don't have a clue about what to do because I'm not from UK, I'm an EU student from Portugal. I've heard about private accommodations, could someone explain to me how that work? I've been searching around and from what I could see I have to make an upfront deposit of more or less £ 250, is this right? And where can I book this private accommodation? The Ben Russell Court accommodation seems very nice and quite affordable, how can I book a visit to the place? I'll be in England this week.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Lucas8,

Congratulations on your place and we look forward to seeing you in September! If you're still looking for accommodation, give our accommodation line a call on 0116 257 7577; they should be able to see if they have any places available for you or be able to advise you on what to do next.

ReputationRep:
    Hey ive got a spare bedroomAccomodation Announcement-Brand New En Suite Available~-Anyone looking for a 5 Bed Cluster -Silver En Suite Room (Merlin Heights) with a communal kitchen.
    ~43 weeks (17th September 2016-15th July 2017).
    ~£115 per week

ReputationRep:
    ive got a spare room, private accomodation, close to campus and £100 deposit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wunmi97)
    Hey ive got a spare bedroomAccomodation Announcement-Brand New En Suite Available~-Anyone looking for a 5 Bed Cluster -Silver En Suite Room (Merlin Heights) with a communal kitchen.
    ~43 weeks (17th September 2016-15th July 2017).
    ~£115 per week

do u still have this ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wunmi97)
    ive got a spare room, private accomodation, close to campus and £100 deposit
    Hi, do you still have this? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hello!Myself and 4 other housemates are looking for a housemate We have a large kitchen (plus dishwasher; wooo!) a 3 floor house, and we're about a 15 minute walk from DMU!Rent is £303.33 a month! which is £75 a week! We do have bills separately but theyre about £50 a month including Wi Fi!We're all friendly and welcoming students ^-^
    Lemme know if youre interested

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.