Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm currently going on to my final year this September, however, I intend to continue on with a Masters in Finance immediately upon graduation. Technically, this qualifies me for an internship, but the application time period/deadlines for IB internships end before I can confirm my placing for my MSc.

Does anyone have any experience or advice regarding this? Don't really want to 'waste' a summer away.

Cheers!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    From the internships I've applied for (not finance/ IB though), you just fill in the application form as appropriate, they don't check your university enrollment or transcript until later on - so just fill in the box with your undergrad and masters as if your place is confirmed (in assuming you've got an offer but are just waiting to confirm your grades?) then at some other point mention that the masters is a conditional place - I'm sure they get loads of applicants in similar positions, it won't be that unusual...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dragonkeeper999)
    From the internships I've applied for (not finance/ IB though), you just fill in the application form as appropriate, they don't check your university enrollment or transcript until later on - so just fill in the box with your undergrad and masters as if your place is confirmed (in assuming you've got an offer but are just waiting to confirm your grades?) then at some other point mention that the masters is a conditional place - I'm sure they get loads of applicants in similar positions, it won't be that unusual...
    I have yet to start applying for my Masters yet. Applications only start sometime in October this year for 2017/18 if I'm not wrong and I'm guessing it would probably take at least 1-2months before I get an offer (or rejection).
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by theolck)
    I have yet to start applying for my Masters yet. Applications only start sometime in October this year for 2017/18 if I'm not wrong and I'm guessing it would probably take at least 1-2months before I get an offer (or rejection).
    Oh, I don't know then - wait until after you've heard back about masters to apply? But then you'll probably miss the deadlines...

If you've confident of getting into a master's course then maybe apply straight away anyway and list your masters as "pending" or something ..

You can probably contact the companies you're interested in and ask what they recommend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dragonkeeper999)
    Oh, I don't know then - wait until after you've heard back about masters to apply? But then you'll probably miss the deadlines...

If you've confident of getting into a master's course then maybe apply straight away anyway and list your masters as "pending" or something ..

You can probably contact the companies you're interested in and ask what they recommend?
    Yeah was just trying my luck to see if anyone here had a similar experience, but I guess it'll be better to contact them directly.

Thanks for taking the time to help though!

Cheers

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.