Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello all!

I know this probably sounds like a weird question (my mum made me ask!), but I was wondering generally how hot it is inside Barnes Hall at Keele (specifically the premier flats)?

I'm trying to decide what thickness my duvet should be, i.e. should I get a thin one if it's going to be warm, or a thicker one? I'm thinking about taking a thin duvet and a couple of blankets/throws, so I can add layers if I need them. Does that sound like a good idea?

I've visited many different halls of residence at different university open days, and some have been okay, while others have been very warm and stuffy! So now I'm not sure

Thanks for any help

ReputationRep:
    The uni provides a duvet and pillow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dcthorpe)
    The uni provides a duvet and pillow
    I know that, are we not allowed to bring our own though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leviathan1741)
    I know that, are we not allowed to bring our own though?
    Sure, I was just offering that info in case you didn't know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dcthorpe)
    Sure, I was just offering that info in case you didn't know
    Thank you! I should've mentioned I knew about that in my post haha

ReputationRep:
    dcthorpe

I've had it confirmed that I can bring my own duvet and pillow, so I'm going to take a thin duvet and some extra blankets. Problem solved

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leviathan1741)
    dcthorpe

I've had it confirmed that I can bring my own duvet and pillow, so I'm going to take a thin duvet and some extra blankets. Problem solved
    The temperature is whatever you make it really. I was in a shared flat and one of my flatmates had the temperature right down meanwhile mine was usually on 3-4 on the radiators dial, so it always felt like she was walking into a heatwave when she came into my room and I'd feel chilly in hers. The heating does cut off around 9pm if I recall correctly so unless you've had your window open all day and didn't come back till late at night the room temperature should be fine.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.