Far away Uni Watch

moogle301
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Basically, one of the uni's i applied for is 6 hours travel away
i dont like the sound of this as i cannot easily visit my family (unlike the other uni which is 1-2 hours travel but may meet up in london/stay with friends and basically much easier)

also i think i dont wanna make a ton of good friends somewhere i might not wanna stay, afterwars and i doubt i will stay in the area, obviously uni companions are gonna move away after uni but i am more likely to see em more if i got to the ui in london (closer) cus more people stay in london and also many peoplemay stay local to the uni in which case i am more likely to stay in contact with those instead of moving away mnyself when only i few people may follow

OR if i do decide to stay it means never being with family/friends and costly travelling

what are your thgouhts on travlling to far away uni's and keeping inc ontact with friends after uni

i wanna be indepdeant but i dont think it makes a difference as long as i am 2 hours away its more like the travel when we do meet will be easier and cheaper
Vohamanah
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Which one is 6 hours away?

Well I've stayed in Stoke and everyone else has gone home. I'm about 2 hours away from my parents by car, 3 1/2 or so by train. I've never had a problem travelling back. As you say, you will be independent.
Flash6289
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by pinkpinkuk)
Which one is 6 hours away?
I'd guess Keele, lol. She's in Brighton and London is also about 2 hours from there.
Stimpej
Report 11 years ago
6 hours from brighton to keele?

I do it in 2 and a half!
Kater Murr
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm applying to exeter and I live in Hull! That's probably a good 10 hour journey. I say: apply where you think you will be happy, regardless of the distance (except maybe... Australia). You're spending 6 hours there and back in the car, but three years there. It's worth the journey.
Vohamanah
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Stimpej)
6 hours from brighton to keele?

I do it in 2 and a half!
^ That's what I mean. It's 3 1/2 hours by train and I'd imagine a lot quicker by car. I was a bit concerned the OP was intending to cycle
Flash6289
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah, according to Google Maps the road trip from Brighton to London is approximately 1 hour and a half, and Brighton to Keele is about 3 hours and a half...
decoy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Manchester to Brighton was 8 hours on the National Express, that included an hour and half stop in London as well.

Best £4 I ever spent that, return.
Minardi
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I could drive it for..... £40 of diesel. Thats not bad....
8urtay
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I've walked from hanley to crewe in 6 hours and its easy to do every day!
Minardi
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I drove it in 30 minutes....
moogle301
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by pinkpinkuk)
^ That's what I mean. It's 3 1/2 hours by train and I'd imagine a lot quicker by car. I was a bit concerned the OP was intending to cycle
really? well i didnt go straight from brighton to keele, i went fromm brighton to crewe because that was where my friend was, but from there keele seemed quite close O___O it did take forever and it was by train
also i chose to have a short amount of time in the halls weekwise so i have to take out my stuff at holidays so my dad will ahve to drive and so thats a lot longeer for him to drive, but he did offer....

i did go there all the way on my own b4 (i was so scared for some reason, i couldnt eveb eat anything probably cus i never got ther train b4 on my own, even buses used to scare me)
umm.. yuh keele is a lot farther
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1100)
79.14%
Leave (290)
20.86%

Watched Threads