Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if anyone can help me out with my situation...

I started uni in 2014 and did a year of Psychology, and passed well on the course. During the summer holidays, I kind of decided that i loved psychology but I didn't want to have a career in that for the rest of my life. Being someone who hates to give up on things, I started a second year, however after 1/2 lectures I decided it wasn't for me and I suspended my studies after a month and worked full time for the rest of the year to cover rent etc. After my year out I have decided to go back and start a PR degree, so over this past few months I have been working part time within PR to get some experience and get a head start. However, I have just received my student finance letter and it states that they aren't funding me my tuition fee (£9000). I understand that you get 3 years funding +1, but they have obviously took that suspended year as a full year, even though they only paid £2,000 to my uni. Is there a way of getting round this? Like getting the rest of the £7,000 to go towards this year? Or is it just a straight up no as they class it as a full year?

Just wondering if there would be a way to sort this out, as obviously I don't have 9 grand laying around haha!

Thanks in advance
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Hi ellievdw

If you started a year, this is classed as 1 full year of study. As you started 2 years of the psychology degree, you are only entitled to full funding from year 2 on-wards of the PR course. You can still receive a full maintenance loan in year 1.

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.