The Student Room Group

nursing 2nd degree

HI I am applying for mental health nursing march 2017 ( so will get tuition fees paid) this is my 2nd degree as I have a degree in psychology. Will I get exactly the same student finance I got for my first degree ( circumstances still same) on doing the student loan calculator it says I will but people are telling me that it will be much lower :frown:....I wont be able to work because of placements etc so would be supporting myself on SF alone. I got £6000 a year for my last degree and was hoping it will be the same or I wont be able to do the degree....or does anyone know if I wait and join the course in sept 2017 whether student finance will pay the tuition fees again?
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi maisie1957

Nursing is classed as an exception course, so you can get funding for it if you already hold a degree.

From 2017/2018 the funding is changing and the NHS bursary will no longer be available. You will be able to apply for a tuition fee loan and maintenance loan to help with costs. We will not have the funding amounts confirmed until the applications are available which will likely be early next year.

Thanks
Reply 2
Thank you 😀.., so if I dont get on the course for March I can still get another 3 years tuition fees if I appy for Sept 2017 us that correct???
Original post by maisie1957
Thank you 😀.., so if I dont get on the course for March I can still get another 3 years tuition fees if I appy for Sept 2017 us that correct???

Hi Maisie, yes that is correct. Thanks
Reply 4
Original post by Morven SFE
Hi Maisie, yes that is correct. Thanks

hi thanks for the reply......if I get on the march 2017 course the tuition fees will be paid by the nhs but the bursary doesnt seem very much?...not enough to live on anyway....can I still get a student loan from student finance?...or am I better waiting until Sept 2017 and getting the tuition fees and loan from student finance?...it is all very confusing
Hi if you are applying in March 2017 this will mean you are on the 16/17 academic year which results in you being able to receive the reduced rate maintenance loan from Student Finance along with receiving the NHS bursary and fees paid by the NHS. Thanks.
Reply 6
Hi thanks for your reply...I really dont want to go on the March 2017 if I can help it as I would like a year out from studying after being at uni for 3 years.....so I was asking if I enrol on the sept 2017 intake will I get the same funding as my previous degree...ie tuition fees plus loans etc....sorry for the endless questions but if I cant get the loans for sept 2017 I may have no option but to try and get on the march 2017 intake and just be poor :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest