Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

So I was wondering about going into second year, as it's all come around so quickly! Any good advice about second year, could be anything? Also wondering whether I should read any books in the remainder of the summer holiday I have or just chill and do it when it comes around?
    I study Chemistry
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by LPauling)
    Hello,

So I was wondering about going into second year, as it's all come around so quickly! Any good advice about second year, could be anything? Also wondering whether I should read any books in the remainder of the summer holiday I have or just chill and do it when it comes around?
    I study Chemistry
    Hello

I've just finished my Second Year and from personal experience I'd say really start to get your head down. Focus on your work and at the same time, really enjoy what you're studying. People sometimes lose the joy of studying their passion but attempt to hold onto that and work hard! Really work towards the grades you want.
    I'd suggest starting read now, not hard core reading but purely because you want to further the knowledge of your passion so just read for fun in your spare time.

Best of luck

ReputationRep:
    I just finished second year too I'll give you some advice that I'd give my first year self if I could!

Study advice
    - Yes, get some of the reading done over the summer. It probably not worth doing it all because you'll likely forget a lot of it. But it's always best to start second year feeling prepared to do the work.
    - Set yourself daily goals to make sure you aren't over-procrastinating or managing your work/play time poorly.
    - Get a planner/diary - really helps to stop you forgetting deadlines and important stuff like that
    - Get organised - buy new stationary, get organised for the year ahead

Other advice
    - Know who your friends are - you may need those good guys for advice or support at some point
    - If moving into a house - don't forget to pay the bills! Or you'll get fined. The diary/planner helps prevent this too
    - Learn new ways of saving money/budgeting so you can save up to go travelling or buy manga

Good luck for the year ahead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raffa1)
    I just finished second year too I'll give you some advice that I'd give my first year self if I could!

Study advice
    - Yes, get some of the reading done over the summer. It probably not worth doing it all because you'll likely forget a lot of it. But it's always best to start second year feeling prepared to do the work.
    - Set yourself daily goals to make sure you aren't over-procrastinating or managing your work/play time poorly.
    - Get a planner/diary - really helps to stop you forgetting deadlines and important stuff like that
    - Get organised - buy new stationary, get organised for the year ahead

Other advice
    - Know who your friends are - you may need those good guys for advice or support at some point
    - If moving into a house - don't forget to pay the bills! Or you'll get fined. The diary/planner helps prevent this too
    - Learn new ways of saving money/budgeting so you can save up to go travelling or buy manga

Good luck for the year ahead
    (Original post by JustGeorgeJ)
    Hello

I've just finished my Second Year and from personal experience I'd say really start to get your head down. Focus on your work and at the same time, really enjoy what you're studying. People sometimes lose the joy of studying their passion but attempt to hold onto that and work hard! Really work towards the grades you want.
    I'd suggest starting read now, not hard core reading but purely because you want to further the knowledge of your passion so just read for fun in your spare time.

Best of luck
    Thank you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.