Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My sister spends a lot of time on her phone she takes it everywhere even the bathroom, I always found this very weird. On time on her iphone a guy called S popped up and I Joked whos that your bf. She got very defensive and was like no hes just a uni mate.

By accident I found out her passcode, one time I opened it up to use her hotspot and found this S guy texting her again. It turns out she has a fake account called J and is catfishing this guy. And then I found out she has another fake account A who is the sister of J. She also talks with him on that account, From what I've read this has been going for at least a year.

What should I do?
    1) Pretend I saw nothing
    2) Confront her and get her to stop
    3) text him and tell him hes being catfished.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amalolo)
    My sister spends a lot of time on her phone she takes it everywhere even the bathroom, I always found this very weird. On time on her iphone a guy called S popped up and I Joked whos that your bf. She got very defensive and was like no hes just a uni mate.

By accident I found out her passcode, one time I opened it up to use her hotspot and found this S guy texting her again. It turns out she has a fake account called J and is catfishing this guy. And then I found out she has another fake account A who is the sister of J. She also talks with him on that account, From what I've read this has been going for at least a year.

What should I do?
    1) Pretend I saw nothing
    text the guy and steal him away from your sister.

ReputationRep:
    Mind your own business, and feel ashamed of urself for looking in your sisters phone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amalolo)

What should I do?
    1) Pretend I saw nothing
    Tell him he's being catfished and maybe try and talk to her about it or catch or even friend him and encourage him to meet up with her.
    why does she feel she needs to catfish? theres someone out there for everyone.
    get her out and distract her from it and help people to meet the real her. its sad when people don't think that they won't be liked as the real them.

ReputationRep:
    Oh man...

Try and get her to tell you more about 'S'. Ask in a way that won't make her defensive- like you just want to find out more about her 'uni friends'.

Maybe tell her stories about catfishes that got caught and regularly ask her if she wants to watch the MTV show Catfish together.

ReputationRep:
    He doesn't live in the uk, I think he's from uae, so meeting up is not an option
    i really dont know why she would do this, I told my other sister about it and she thinks its a bit of escapism

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aishaishbaby123)
    Oh man...

Try and get her to tell you more about 'S'. Ask in a way that won't make her defensive- like you just want to find out more about her 'uni friends'.

Maybe tell her stories about catfishes that got caught and regularly ask her if she wants to watch the MTV show Catfish together.
    We watch the catfish show all the time and laugh at them together it always turns out to be creep, she knows better nt sure why shes doing it

ReputationRep:
    Btw this guy has some issues and suffers from depression so this might like break him or something I don't want to take responsibilty for that

ReputationRep:
    Btw this guy has some issues and suffers from depression so this might like break him or something I don't want to take responsibility for that

ReputationRep:
    3)
    even if he's depressed him finding out later will be even worse.
    if you confront her she will know you looked in her phone.This means she won't trust you

ReputationRep:
    who cares, let her have her fun

ReputationRep:
    Honesty is the best policy!

ReputationRep:
    That's her problem.
    But I guess you could somewhere persuade her to stop. If not she's basically playing with a person's feelings which is wrong. You should try to get her to stop. Or actually text her man or whatever he is to her. And get her life. 🤓😃

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.