Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi, I will be studying in the UK from October and for at least four years (Meng). What is the best account for EU national regarding the fees paid every month and the fees that apply while transferring money from Euro to Pounds.
    My first thought was to apply to Santanders Student banking account but I find it difficult to find the fees for tranferring money from one currency to another.
    My second thought was to open an HSBC account in France and then an HSBC basic account in England because from what I understood I would not paid transfer fees if I do so, but I have to admit it is difficult to understand the cost of the HSBC basic account .
    If any EU nationals or international students faced that trouble could help me?
    Thanks forwards.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.