Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone any advice you can offer will be much appreciated
    I'm 25 and at crossroads in my life and just feel I need to get back on track in life.
    I attended grammar school about 6 years ago and got decent grades (English-A*,Biology-A,Chemistry-B,Physics-B,Maths-B) started sixth form-took chem bio physics and english lang&lit for AS but didnt really focus and my dad got seriously ill at the same time and i pulled out of studying to run the family business..
    Now i regret missing out and want to get back to studying and apply for September 2017 entry. I'm looking at doing biomedical science or medicine at uni (hopefully kings as my elder cousin studied there) but not sure what A levels to go for this time round-Biology,Chemistry for certain, i was considering doing biology in a one year fast track distance learning course and chemistry at a college...
    Anyone have any ideas what the best route would be? I've already started revising..
    Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kapilz3)
    Hi everyone any advice you can offer will be much appreciated
    I'm 25 and at crossroads in my life and just feel I need to get back on track in life.
    I attended grammar school about 6 years ago and got decent grades (English-A*,Biology-A,Chemistry-B,Physics-B,Maths-B) started sixth form-took chem bio physics and english lang&lit for AS but didnt really focus and my dad got seriously ill at the same time and i pulled out of studying to run the family business..
    Now i regret missing out and want to get back to studying and apply for September 2017 entry. I'm looking at doing biomedical science or medicine at uni (hopefully kings as my elder cousin studied there) but not sure what A levels to go for this time round-Biology,Chemistry for certain, i was considering doing biology in a one year fast track distance learning course and chemistry at a college...
    Anyone have any ideas what the best route would be? I've already started revising..
    Many thanks
    As you have a specific uni in mind, your best bet is to contact their Admissions Office, explain your situation and ask which subjects would make you a competitive applicant for those courses. We will just be guessing.

Mature student entry is assessed on a case-by-case basis, so they may be able to suggest alternative routes in as well.

ReputationRep:
    AsKix has said there is a variety of different entry routes for mature students.

It wouldn't hurt to ring up Kings (or even email, I emailed all my choices in clearing and got 5 offers and 1 rejection) and ask them about entry into their course, I would probably advise email as its easier to mention your very good grades and reason for leaving sixth form without sounding like a mumbling mess, theres a possibility that you might get entry this September via a foundation year at Kings or other places if your prepared to go elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot for the advice i'll email kings and see what they have to say

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.