Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I feel like i'm second best Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi !

I had a week off work last week (to use up holiday), and everyone was either busy, working or moved back home/away etc so I didn't see anyone other than spending one day with my Nan.

But to some people, I just feel like second best. Like if they had the chance to go out with me or someone else, they'd pick someone else. If that someone else let them down, they'd then choose me.

As much as I love my cousin, we went cycling a week before. Lately he keeps wanting to go out with me or go cycling (I love cycling), but it's because he's recently split up with his girlfriend. In the 2 years he was with her, he never went out with me once. We'd only see each other at family parties/meals or Sunday lunch etc.

A friend of mine wasn't speaking to his girlfriend for a few weeks. We went out a lot in that week, but after that, and even now, he doesn't seem to want to know me.

Someone I consider to be my best mate has a girlfriend but he goes out with me. He sees his other mates a lot but he'll go places with me too. It just feels like he's the only one good friend I have?

I just miss going out with people. I feel down because I just worry if people only turn to me when they haven't got anyone else, is it because i'm not a good mate? Or am I boring? In the last week, i've just felt really quite down to be honest, I don't really want to say it, but i've had a few tears too. On some days in my week off, I just couldn't be bothered to get ready or anything either because I just thought there wasn't any point. It's not like me at all.

What can I do ? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2scotty)
    Hi !

I had a week off work last week (to use up holiday), and everyone was either busy, working or moved back home/away etc so I didn't see anyone other than spending one day with my Nan.

But to some people, I just feel like second best. Like if they had the chance to go out with me or someone else, they'd pick someone else. If that someone else let them down, they'd then choose me.

As much as I love my cousin, we went cycling a week before. Lately he keeps wanting to go out with me or go cycling (I love cycling), but it's because he's recently split up with his girlfriend. In the 2 years he was with her, he never went out with me once. We'd only see each other at family parties/meals or Sunday lunch etc.

A friend of mine wasn't speaking to his girlfriend for a few weeks. We went out a lot in that week, but after that, and even now, he doesn't seem to want to know me.

Someone I consider to be my best mate has a girlfriend but he goes out with me. He sees his other mates a lot but he'll go places with me too. It just feels like he's the only one good friend I have?

I just miss going out with people. I feel down because I just worry if people only turn to me when they haven't got anyone else, is it because i'm not a good mate? Or am I boring? In the last week, i've just felt really quite down to be honest, I don't really want to say it, but i've had a few tears too. On some days in my week off, I just couldn't be bothered to get ready or anything either because I just thought there wasn't any point. It's not like me at all.

What can I do ? :confused:
    Don't ask them to come out with you until they ask you. Find other friends/girlfriend to hang out with

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.