Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What Jane Austen book to read after pride and predjudice watch

ReputationRep:
    I am nearly done reading pride and prejudice I have access to the following on Austen's books:sense and sensibility,persuassion,emma and northanger abbey.
    Which is the best one to read?

ReputationRep:
    Northanger Abbey

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Sense and Sensibility or Persuasion - both great books, good story line and lots of humour.

(Original post by babyshawte)
    Northanger Abbey

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have you even read Northanger Abbey? It is Austen's worst book by far. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    Sense and Sensibility or Persuasion - both great books, good story line and lots of humour.

I've studied it, back when I was doing my A-Levels in English Literature and it was awful. I ended up ignoring the question for it in the A2 exam lol

That's the only book I have read from Jane Austen and I personally would not recommend it.

But, everyone is different. So, you might find it enjoyable to read than others.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by babyshawte)
    I've studied it, back when I was doing my A-Levels in English Literature and it was awful. I ended up ignoring the question for it in the A2 exam lol

That's the only book I have read from Jane Austen and I personally would not recommend it.

But, everyone is different. So, you might find it enjoyable to read than others.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But you said it was the best one to read? :erm:

ReputationRep:
    But you said it was the best one to read? :erm:
    I only said it, because that's the only other book I know from her.

Ngl, I like some aspects of the book because of the gothic genre, how friends can be fake, girls behaving rebelliously because they don't want to conform into how they should be, finding self-esteem/confidence, finding love etc

But, it's just boring in my opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Emma

ReputationRep:

Nothing will be as bad as Mansfield Park....so boring...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 18, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.