Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically the law regarding TV license is changing in September. I want to ask how bbc trace my ip address If I don't have a license to watch iplayer and sent people to prosecute me. If they really trace my ip how high is the chance will they caught me?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by jonnielovely)
    Basically the law regarding TV license is changing in September. I want to ask how bbc trace my ip address If I don't have a license to watch iplayer and sent people to prosecute me. If they really trace my ip how high is the chance will they caught me?
    If your parents have a TV License and you watch whatever you're watching on the BBC iPlayer from your devices' own batteries (so not plugged in to the mains) you'll be covered anyway?

I'm assuming you're going to moving into halls in September?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Deyesy)
    whatever you're watching on the BBC iPlayer from your devices own batteries
    Supposedly, they are now making it so you must have a licence number to access the website now.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Supposedly, they are now making it so you must have a licence number to access the website now.
    That's absolutely ridiculous but I guess it's one way to stop people saying they're legally covered by a license when in reality, they're not.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    That's absolutely ridiculous but I guess it's one way to stop people saying they're legally covered by a license when in reality, they're not.
    I wont be watching the BBC anymore when it comes into place, i'd rather pay for Now tv and stick to watching everything on channel 4.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    I wont be watching the BBC anymore when it comes into place, i'd rather pay for Now tv and stick to watching everything on channel 4.
    You'd actually end up in credit if you decide to do that instead of paying for a TV license which is crazy...

ReputationRep:
    The beeb have access to errthang. They have access to government powers.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    You'd actually end up in credit if you decide to do that instead of paying for a TV license which is crazy...
    I know, it really is. Especially with the BBC cutting bbc three, you dont get as much for your money anymore, i d be perfectly happy if they got adverts instead of making everyone pay so much.

ReputationRep:
    they can't trace your IP address if you have not got a TV license. The BBC go to peoples houses and flats if they have not bought a TV license from them. they search the house for a TV if person has a TV then they have to buy a TV licence if not then they just go.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.