The Student Room Group

Can I make my return to King's happen?

Afternoon ladies and gents,

The question I'm looking to have answered is this; do I have a fighting chance of securing my place at KCL to read BA War Studies this September? Following is the story of how things stand at present and how they came to be.

I already have ABBA in OCR Philosophy & Ethics, OCR Histroy, Edexcel English Literature and Language and finally, an A in EPQ based on International Relations, a sister discipline to War Studies. The grades are listed in respective order. The grade requirements are AAA and an AS A grade for the programme. I have previously been enrolled on the BA War Studies and Philosophy programme at King's in 2015 but I withdrew because I could not transfer further to BA War Studies after having already transferred from BA Philosophy.

I have resat my exams and have contacted KCL Admissions today, I got a satisfactory answer; if you miss, you get put into Clearing in a ranking system of how far you missed your requirements and preference is always given to those who are closer to meeting the offer versus those who deviated further. I am yet to receive my results on the 18th.

There is plenty of more relevant context here and I'll offer it if asked. I understand that I have an official answer, but what are everybody else's estimations and experiences here, will I be returning to King's this Autumn?

Cheers,
Knight
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Knightwars4

The question I'm looking to have answered is this; do I have a fighting chance of securing my place at KCL to read BA War Studies this September? Following is the story of how things stand at present and how they came to be.

I already have ABBA in OCR Philosophy & Ethics, OCR Histroy, Edexcel English Literature and Language and finally, an A in EPQ based on International Relations, a sister discipline to War Studies. The grades are lisetd in respective order. The grade requirements are AAA and an AS A grade for the programme. I have previously been enrolled on the BA War Studies and Philosophy programme at King's in 2015 but I withdrew because I could not transfer further to BA War Studies after having already transferred from BA Philosophy.

I have resat my exams and have contacted KCL Admissions today, I got a satisfactory answer; if you miss, you get put into Clearing in a ranking system of how far you missed your requirements and preference is always given to those who are closer to meeting the offer versus those who deviated further. I am yet to receive my results on the 18th.

There is plenty of more relevant context here and I'll offer it if asked. I understand that I have an official answer, but what are everybody elses estimations and experiences here?

Cheers,
Knight

My estimation is that if you miss, you get put into Clearing in a ranking system of how far you missed your requirements and preference is always given to those who are closer to meeting the offer versus those who deviated further
Original post by Knightwars4

I already have ABBA in OCR Philosophy & Ethics, OCR Histroy, Edexcel English Literature and Language and finally, an A in EPQ based on International Relations, a sister discipline to War Studies. The grades are listed in respective order. The grade requirements are AAA and an AS A grade for the programme. I have previously been enrolled on the BA War Studies and Philosophy programme at King's in 2015 but I withdrew because I could not transfer further to BA War Studies after having already transferred from BA Philosophy.

There is plenty of more relevant context here and I'll offer it if asked. I understand that I have an official answer, but what are everybody else's estimations and experiences here, will I be returning to King's this Autumn?

Cheers,
Knight

We have no idea, but I wouldn't bank on it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending