The Student Room Group

What are my chances at these Universities

Right so im fairly confident i will exceed my target for the University of Sheffield it was AAA for Law so i want to try my luck at the following universities through Adjustment so can anyone give me a idea of what my chances are and even if these universities will or have ever been in adjustment,

1) University of Warwick
2) University of Nottigham
3) LSE
4) QMUL
5) KCL/UCL

Those are the only universities which I consider an upgrade on Sheffield. Also can anyone give me some advice on how good Sheffield is for Law in terms of employment such as TCs or pupillage.
Another Question:

If i have paid my deposit for accommodation and then get accepted into another university what will happen to my accommodation contract at my original choice? Will i have to pay the full years price or will i just lose my deposit??
A* A* A A

I personally think i exceeded in my exams but next Thursday will reveal all.
In terms of LSE, this is what they state on their website:

"The level of competition at the School means it is unlikely that there will be any vacancies on LSE courses by the time A level results are published in mid-August. Therefore we do not envisage that we will be accepting applications during the adjustment period in 2016. However, the School would welcome new applications for admission in the following year from those who have done better than expected and meet the School's entry requirements. The School does also not participate in clearing."

Some of the others you listed do enter adjustment but Law is a popular course.

Good luck! :smile:
No i understand, my point is mis-understood maybe, i was looking at whether these universities even enter Adjustment as only then are my grades or PS even relevant.
Original post by computationchive
In terms of LSE, this is what they state on their website:

"The level of competition at the School means it is unlikely that there will be any vacancies on LSE courses by the time A level results are published in mid-August. Therefore we do not envisage that we will be accepting applications during the adjustment period in 2016. However, the School would welcome new applications for admission in the following year from those who have done better than expected and meet the School's entry requirements. The School does also not participate in clearing."

Some of the others you listed do enter adjustment but Law is a popular course.

Good luck! :smile:

I thought as much for LSE and KCL, UCL. Maybe i am being naive and will just have to settle. But many people say Sheffield is a very good Law school with excellent career prospects.
Original post by LawStudent7x
Right so im fairly confident i will exceed my target for the University of Sheffield it was AAA for Law so i want to try my luck at the following universities through Adjustment so can anyone give me a idea of what my chances are and even if these universities will or have ever been in adjustment,

1) University of Warwick
2) University of Nottigham
3) LSE
4) QMUL
5) KCL/UCL

Those are the only universities which I consider an upgrade on Sheffield. Also can anyone give me some advice on how good Sheffield is for Law in terms of employment such as TCs or pupillage.

Sheffield is actually pretty good for pupillage prospects. According to the Bar Standards Board Statistics, Sheffield is around 6th for the most common Uni attended by those who got a pupillage.
UCL and LSE wont be in adjustment.
KCL was last year, asking for A*A*A.
If you get in then go for it of course.
Not a huge difference between Sheffield, Warwick and Nottingham. So whihever you prefer.
QMUL definitely comes after them.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
All are excellent.

I have a friend at Warwick doing Law and also know a top criminal QC who went there too. My friend said the amount of opportunities in terms of networking and visiting the top firms if you want to be a commercial lawyer, as she does, is fantastic. She is soon to start second year but has already done so much and they have a top Law and Bar society there. Visited all the MC law firms, US giant Weil Gotshal as well as a lot of city firm presentations and workshops on their campus. It is not in clearing this year as opposed to last year though, but may be worth a try anyway. Warwick is very well looked at by firms.
Reply 8
Original post by hudamh
Sheffield is actually pretty good for pupillage prospects. According to the Bar Standards Board Statistics, Sheffield is around 6th for the most common Uni attended by those who got a pupillage.
UCL and LSE wont be in adjustment.
KCL was last year, asking for A*A*A.
If you get in then go for it of course.
Not a huge difference between Sheffield, Warwick and Nottingham. So whihever you prefer.
QMUL definitely comes after them.

Sheffield has a good law school, but saying that it is equivalent to those of Warwick and Nottingham is not true. The latter two has a higher reputation in the legal profession.

If you did well, much better than your predicted grades, it is always worthwhile to give it a shot. Nonetheless, it is highly competitive to get into top law schools (the ones you have listed), and you have to prepare to compete for just one or two extra places. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending