reginaph
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by NeverLucky)
I'm not really doing much but you can have a look at the Cambridge Chemistry Challenge papers. Also, if you don't mind dealing with annoying Imperial units, then maybe look at some of the MCQs in the Chemistry SAT subject tests. Obviously a lot of the content won't be on the NSAA but it's good for practising MCQs.
Thank you! I'll have definitely have a look at them
1a2b3c4d5e6f
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How have others done on the Cambridge admissions specimen paper 1. I got 14/18 on maths, 12/18 for physics and 10/18 for further maths and mechanics. Wondering if my score for further was good enough or if I should do biology section instead?
.Kate.
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Anyone know where the answers can be found for section 2? Thank you!
NeverLucky
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by .Kate.)
Nowhere, they don't exist.
davozgenius
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by .Kate.)
I have made one for the ENGAA and I am halfway through for the physics section of the NSAA
NeverLucky
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Anyone know what sections they're doing in the first section?

I'm undecided between doing Maths, Chemistry and Physics or Maths, Chemistry and Advanced Maths and Physics. I doubt it will be too big of a deal tho but whichever makes life easier on myself
LucianAstaroth
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

I'm undecided between doing Maths, Chemistry and Physics or Maths, Chemistry and Advanced Maths and Physics. I doubt it will be too big of a deal tho but whichever makes life easier on myself
Personally I'm doing Maths, Physics and Advanced Maths & Physics, as the way I see it, for the Chemistry and Biology you need more knowledge, so if you don't know something you have to guess completely, whereas with the physics and maths, as long as you have a grasp on maths, you can attempt most/more of the questions.

But then again, I'm more of a numbers man :/
richardhello
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Well I've done the 4 sections that I could possibly do (so all apart from Biology) under timed conditions and did best on chemistry, then physics, then maths, then advanced maths. So I'll be doing maths, physics and chemistry. If I improve my maths technique I should do okay hopefully!
richardhello
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Does anyone want to compare answers for paper 2, I did the chemistry questions (3 and 4).
LucianAstaroth
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
^^^ Same - if anyone's done the physics questions in section 2 pm me or just post your answers here?
fontaine97
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
how much of a factor is the NSAA to our application anyway?
josh.dowd1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have a marked Chemistry Section 2, so if there is anything/any answers you are unsure on just ask me and I can help you out
SashaVenkat
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey can you post the answers here?
ishbeldyke
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey guys!

Just wondering if anybody has the answers to the Biology part of section one? Also, does anyone have the answers for any of section 2? If there aren't any official answers, I'd be up for comparing my answers with some one who's tried the paper too?

I've managed to find the other section 1 answers on a student room thread so if anyone's looking for that I'd be happy to give them the link.

Good luck everyone xxx
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ishbeldyke)
Hey guys!

Just wondering if anybody has the answers to the Biology part of section one? Also, does anyone have the answers for any of section 2? If there aren't any official answers, I'd be up for comparing my answers with some one who's tried the paper too?

I've managed to find the other section 1 answers on a student room thread so if anyone's looking for that I'd be happy to give them the link.

Good luck everyone xxx
All the section 1 specimen answers and explanations are given on the NatSci Entry Requirements page.
http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.a...y-requirements

Posted from TSR Mobile
fontaine97
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by richardhello)
Well I've done the 4 sections that I could possibly do (so all apart from Biology) under timed conditions and did best on chemistry, then physics, then maths, then advanced maths. So I'll be doing maths, physics and chemistry. If I improve my maths technique I should do okay hopefully!
how many mistakes did you have under those timed conditions?
richardhello
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by fontaine97)
how many mistakes did you have under those timed conditions?
I can tell you my scores:

Chemistry I got 16/18
Maths I got 10/18
Physics 9/18
Then the additional maths was about 5
Minnie16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
My scores are similar to yours for maths and physics. I wish we could have more time for each section, that would really help me to boost my marks. I'm so nervous for the real thing
rbland
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi,

I have my answers for section 2 for biology apart from question 5c - asking about which of the sequences is least likely to lead to a functional part of a protein and why. Did anybody get an answer for this one?
fontaine97
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by rbland)
Hi,

I have my answers for section 2 for biology apart from question 5c - asking about which of the sequences is least likely to lead to a functional part of a protein and why. Did anybody get an answer for this one?
i was thinking about the stop codons but I am not entirely sure with my answer :/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 3 Jul '20

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (114)
17.73%
It's just nice to be back! (177)
27.53%
Not great so far... (229)
35.61%
I want to drop out! (123)
19.13%

Watched Threads