astro-hannah
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by daniilS)
Added the file to my folder containing the ones I made for bio and chem: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3ykrqr68s...dg9jSbC8a?dl=0
Thank you so so so much!!!
daniilS
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by live7)
Hi, I'm doing the NSAA this year, did people find the preparation mentioned on this forum helpful, is there anything they wished they'd done instead?
The extra samples I made were helpful to boost my confidence a bit at the least, but I found the actual questions to be just a tiny bit more time consuming than the BMAT ones. It helped me decide on which order to attempt the multiple choice questions in though, so it wasn't for nothing. In any case, last year's assessments are up online so you can see for yourself how they compare to the prep material on here.
astro-hannah
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
That helps a lot thanks, I'm so nervous so i'll literally take anything to help calm me down lol
(Original post by daniilS)
The extra samples I made were helpful to boost my confidence a bit at the least, but I found the actual questions to be just a tiny bit more time consuming than the BMAT ones. It helped me decide on which order to attempt the multiple choice questions in though, so it wasn't for nothing. In any case, last year's assessments are up online so you can see for yourself how they compare to the prep material on here.
marinacalder
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Anywhere know where I can find the solutions to the maths and physics questions by Hjortlund?
Katarinanokat
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey!

Can anyone take A levels tell me if the content on the NSAA is similar to their biology/chem courses? I'm an IB student, and it seems that although I know the general topics that the NSAA covers, they often use phrases and specific ideas that aren't a part of my curriculum. If these can be found in A-levels, should I take a quick skim over the content to feel more confident in the exam?
marinacalder
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Have people started revising?
Student1256
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I sat the exam last year and I can say for certain that no prep was helpful in the NSAA. It was just as Peterhouse College said, no use.
jpkrowe
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Does anyone have any answers for section 2 of the Cambridge nsaa specimen paper. I have not been able to find it online.
Thanks.
tnk191
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jpkrowe)
Does anyone have any answers for section 2 of the Cambridge nsaa specimen paper. I have not been able to find it online.
Thanks.
Did you manage to find it?
Basiil17
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks.
(Original post by tnk191)
Let me move this to the University of Cambridge forum
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks.
(Original post by tnk191)
There are no specimen answers for Section 2.

But there are for the 2016 past paper
https://www.undergraduate.study.cam....y-requirements

Posted from TSR Mobile
LeonBSW
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What resources do you get in the NSAA (ie Data booklet...)
Forecast
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You don't get anything other than what is in the question papers (periodic table in Section 2).
LeonBSW
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Does anyone know how the NSAA is marked because I can't find any information on it elsewhere on the internet.
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by LeonBSW)
Does anyone know how the NSAA is marked because I can't find any information on it elsewhere on the internet.
Did you look here?

https://www.undergraduate.study.cam....y-requirements

Specimen with Answers (except section 2) and Past Paper with Answers (including section 2).
jago.sw
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Student1256)
I sat the exam last year and I can say for certain that no prep was helpful in the NSAA. It was just as Peterhouse College said, no use.
Did you get in?
sava
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For the Cambridge NSAA, is it okay to write Section 2 answers in bullet points? (primarily concerns the Biology section, as this would save a lot of time on the longer questions)
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sava)
For the Cambridge NSAA, is it okay to write Section 2 answers in bullet points? (primarily concerns the Biology section, as this would save a lot of time on the longer questions)
I've moved your question into this thread specifically for the NSAA
k.russell
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sava)
Yes go for it they'd rather you get down more relevant information in shorthand format than less relevant information in stylistic prose and the time pressure is very real ngl.
Good luck
username2163279
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Name:  1.png
Views: 152
Size:  59.0 KB
Anyone know how to tackle theses questions?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 3 Jul '20

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (138)
17.72%
It's just nice to be back! (210)
26.96%
Not great so far... (280)
35.94%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.38%

Watched Threads