Turn on thread page Beta

How do other cities in the UK compare to London? watch

ReputationRep:
    I haven't visited any cities outside of London in the UK. I am just wondering how do the likes of Manchester, Leeds and Birmingham compare to London in terms of the layout of the city, urban scenery, shopping, nightlife and the PEOPLE?

Like are the centres of other cities as nice as central London and all it has to offer. Do they have areas as great as L square, oxford street, the strand and hyde park etc etc.

Obviously London is much much bigger than other UK cities, but are they very similar to London in many ways?

ReputationRep:
    i love london
    have neva been to any other major cities like manchester birmingham etc

ReputationRep:
    They're a bit crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icklehc)
    i love london
    have neva been to any other major cities like manchester birmingham etc

what do you love about london?

ReputationRep:
    I've never spend much more than a day in any other UK cities, but I've spent time in European cities and they are so boring in comparison to London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eddiedaboss)
    It's magical!

ReputationRep:
    I've not been to many cities outside of London. But London is just so fantastic. I'd be suprised if someone could show me a city that's better than London, in my eyes.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't visited any cities outside of London in the UK. I am just wondering how do the likes of Manchester, Leeds and Birmingham compare to London in terms of the layout of the city, urban scenery, shopping, nightlife and the PEOPLE?

Like are the centres of other cities as nice as central London and all it has to offer. Do they have areas as great as L square, oxford street, the strand and hyde park etc etc.

Obviously London is much much bigger than other UK cities, but are they very similar to London in many ways?
    the bottom line is london is a long way above any other UK city, i mean the gap is massive. london has everything and i love it because of this. however, many Uk cities are very good in their own right, yet will still not compete with london.

ReputationRep:
    everything!
    the hustle and bustle
    the west end im a musical fiend! we will rock you 2moro nite hurrah(3rd time )
    the houses of parliament and good old big ben
    millenium wheel
    contrast of old and new architecture
    range of people

ReputationRep:
    London is the best - it is godly

ReputationRep:
    everything!
    the hustle and bustle
    the west end im a musical fiend! we will rock you 2moro nite hurrah(3rd time )
    the houses of parliament and good old big ben
    millenium wheel
    contrast of old and new architecture
    range of people
    yeah thats a good summary. club wise it is way above other cities aswell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by endorf)
    the bottom line is london is a long way above any other UK city, i mean the gap is massive. london has everything and i love it because of this. however, many Uk cities are very good in their own right, yet will still not compete with london.

im under the impression that Manchester is also a very vibrant and energetic city, i suppose i'll have to visit

ReputationRep:
    im under the impression that Manchester is also a very vibrant and energetic city, i suppose i'll have to visit
    its ok but you wont rate it now youve been to london.

ReputationRep:
    yeah thats a good summary. club wise it is way above other cities aswell.
    ive hardly been clubbing in london yet! noone can b bothered 2 come with me
    so im usually clubbing in surrey
    wheres good in london?
    ive only been to school disco at hammersmith which was a laugh

ReputationRep:
    wheres good in london?

fabric live on friday nights!

ReputationRep:
    wheres good in london?
    my mate got a flat in london, so we go down every couple of months. there is a vast majority of clubs pretty much separated by music... r&b - go to oxygen leicester square. for class go to storm leicester square. for a pull go to the dome tufnell park. too many to mention, you should go its f*cking out of hand.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing work experience uptown this week and, walking from Westminster tube to the office, I just had to stop for a few minutes and look all touristy.. Sometimes living close to London you forget how beautiful things are here, but the Palace of Westminster is just a work of art. It really is astounding.

The buildings in London are lovely, from majestic buildings such as the Palace of Westminster to the grime covered buildings that back onto the railway line (the line between London Bridge and Charing X is good for that ).

ah, I just adore London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley...)
    ah, I just adore London.
    who doesnt ? they say Rio is the city of god, they are wrong... london is.

ReputationRep:
    my mate got a flat in london, so we go down every couple of months. there is a vast majority of clubs pretty much separated by music... r&b - go to oxygen leicester square. for class go to storm leicester square. for a pull go to the dome tufnell park. too many to mention, you should go its f*cking out of hand.
    i know im desperate to go...will have to persuade my mates
    yeh leicester square is supposed to be good for clubbing
    but aparently london is "too far" from surrey for my mates
    yeh rite!
    i guess i wil b in oceana for the rest of my life altho it is pretty gd in ther

ReputationRep:
    for class go to storm leicester square.
    Storm have had their licence revoked. Just thought you might want to know...

I have yet to go clubbing in London. I'm itching to get to the disgustingly pretentious indie/rock clubs. But it's the same old same old; no cash and no sod'll come with me.

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.