Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Results day is just around the corner but this is the place to be on the day and onwards!

A congratulations to those that are going to the university and you can use this thread to say hello to fellow students and discuss how excited you are to begin your fantastic journey!

This thread is yours, take it away

(P.S. I go to Sussex and you're going to have a great time )

ReputationRep:
    Cool! Arrive on the 10th right? haha.

ReputationRep:
    Hi! How many people have bought freshers event tickets and how many are getting the rox wristband? I've already got the wristband and it looks pretty sick so just wondering if I should bother to buy any official freshers events tickets as well or not...? Thoughts??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JadeG118)
    Hi! How many people have bought freshers event tickets and how many are getting the rox wristband? I've already got the wristband and it looks pretty sick so just wondering if I should bother to buy any official freshers events tickets as well or not...? Thoughts??
    i've heard rox events are the best and apparently the bar crawl is supposed to be okay!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freddie010)
    Cool! Arrive on the 10th right? haha.
    I think so. I mean I start on the 19th as I'm third year so I'd assume you start around that time!

(Original post by JadeG118)
    (Original post by TomPhillips118)
    i've heard rox events are the best and apparently the bar crawl is supposed to be okay!
    If you're looking for the Student Union-run Freshers Week then here are the events : https://sussexfreshersweek2016.sched.org/

The pier party is quite cool!

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, the all of the fresher events last year were quite disappointing, there was this festival type thing on campus that was £25 and at least me and my flatmates were leaving after an hour of being there. They did not sellout until the day so I would not recommend buying the tickets until freshers week and after you find out what events your flatmates are going to.

ReputationRep:
    Is it bad I haven't even bothered looking at anything that is happening during freshers lol. I'm sure there will be lots of **** to do with out fussing in advance over the various tickets on offer.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, there is not much point planning until you know what the people that you will be out with are looking to do

ReputationRep:
    BUMP

If you have any questions then I'll gladly help you new Freshers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PugDevil)
    BUMP

If you have any questions then I'll gladly help you new Freshers!
    I'm going to be driving daily, I believe you have to pay for a parking permit (going to Falmer campus).

Can I buy that before I go, or what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoggyCabbages)
    I'm going to be driving daily, I believe you have to pay for a parking permit (going to Falmer campus).

Can I buy that before I go, or what?
    Yes you do have to pay for a parking permit and it can be quite hefty I think unfortunately. From what I've seen it's £360 for the year?

Here is the link for the info: http://www.sussex.ac.uk/sef/services...es-and-permitsIt looks as though you'll need to get it when you're given your sussex direct log in details, which doesn't happen until induction? It could be worth emailing someone about whether you can get it before

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PugDevil)
    Yes you do have to pay for a parking permit and it can be quite hefty I think unfortunately. From what I've seen it's £360 for the year?

Here is the link for the info: http://www.sussex.ac.uk/sef/services...es-and-permitsIt looks as though you'll need to get it when you're given your sussex direct log in details, which doesn't happen until induction? It could be worth emailing someone about whether you can get it before
    Parking seems to be £1.30 a day, so I would assume it would be cheaper to pay daily than an annual permit because it's not 5 days a week so some days I may not be there. Would you agree?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoggyCabbages)
    Parking seems to be £1.30 a day, so I would assume it would be cheaper to pay daily than an annual permit because it's not 5 days a week so some days I may not be there. Would you agree?
    Hmm, I think that probably is the best way to go about it then? If/when you go to the induction, I would definitely ask a student rep there about it as they will be more informed about it. But in my mind, what you've said is a lot more logical. The annual permit is more for people that are staying on campus

ReputationRep:
    Anyone thinking of parking at university, although I never did it, I had 2 flatmates that parked their and if you get tickets and don't pay for them, they do not enforce the fine. One of them even tried to pay the fine, and the person that they were meant to pay it to just said no one ever pays for them and to not worry.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.