Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

It is with great delight I announce the formation of the 'TSR Liberal Democrats'

The TSR Liberal Democrats are a truly centrist party. In recent times the Liberal Party have lurched to the right and this has left a gap in the MHoC for a party that properly represents the centre ground of politics. The Liberal Democrats are extreme in no possible senses, we appreciate that both the right and left have certain good policies and viewpoints, and we pick ‘n mix what we see fit.

Our mantra is 'cutting less than the Conservatives, borrowing less than Labour'.

The Logo is a rather simple one. Using a torch which is widely seen as a symbol of liberty and Liberalism.

A policy document has been written up and is almost ready for publishing. If you are interested in joining, drop me a PM or feel free to message me on here.
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Peer Support Volunteers
    If this is serious (which I doubt), I would hope the Speaker would veto the name, since the Liberals used to be called the Liberal Democrats.

ReputationRep:
    Given the Liberals are no longer called the Liberal Democrats, they have surely lost the right to complain about the use of the name. If the Speaker rejects this name, he (being the continuing power of the post, not the present holder) should have also rejected the National Liberal name.

ReputationRep:
    There's no reason they shouldn't be able to use the name, but I doubt there is really much appetite for this party on TSR - hence the muted response to this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    If this is serious (which I doubt), I would hope the Speaker would veto the name, since the Liberals used to be called the Liberal Democrats.
    Are you one of those subjects that try to claim they own common words like Sky, the ****ing broadcasting company that waged copyright war against the creators of the upcoming game No Man's Sky for three years? :laugh:
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Lurched to the right? We're produced a Centre-Right budget with a Right-wing party. Hardly lurching to the right.

Just because for once we did coalition with the left doesn't mean we've lurched to the right.

The party's would be too similar, so this should and will be rejected

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'm closing this thread as requested by OP.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.