The Student Room Group
psycho
I had recently won a book called "Not Even Wrong - The Failure of String Theory and the Challenge to Unify the Laws of Physics" by Peter Woit.

I'm wondering is this book suitable for reading for people like me who just finished my first year in Physics? Otherwise, I would put the book aside.

Cheers..

p/s: not really sure if this is the correct forum..

judging by the title, I would say yes. If it was actually an indepth discussion on string theory then it would have a more formal and scientific title. You shouldn't have a problem with it, give it a go and if it gets too hardcore then leave it. Thing is though, you never really study string theory unless you do a phd in it, so if you don't understand it now, you probably never will. With that in mind I think you'll be fine with it.

Edit: besides, what is the point of giving a book as a prize if no-one stands a chance of understanding it below phd level.
Give it a go, this is a real philosophical debate about what is and what is not science (ontology) that is actuall engaged by scientists themselves - a real rarerity.
Reply 3
ok .. I'll try.

Cheers buddies..

Latest

Trending

Trending