Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically I'm 16 and looking for a Saturday job, but I've absolutely no idea how to go about finding one (god I wish they taught us stuff like this at school but ANYWAY).
    I have a brief CV already (granted its not got much), if I walked down the local high street and went into shops do you just ask if they're looking for employment? What kind of places would offer a 16 year old something (we've got Iceland, m&s, wait rose, tesco, superdrug, random bakers and cafes, boots, wh smith Costa, cafe Nero etc)?
    Any advice would be much appreciated, I'm just a little apprehensive about how to go about all this. Thank you x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Walk around local shops with your CV and simply ask for a manager. Then introduce yourself and say you'd like to hand in a CV in case they needed staff. If they want you they will contact you. As for the supermarkets you mention(Tesco etc) you can apply online. Tesco is http://www.tesco-careers.com/ . Hope this helps. Persistence is key when finding your first job, don't take it to heart if you get denied countless times. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnTroy1)
    Walk around local shops with your CV and simply ask for a manager. Then introduce yourself and say you'd like to hand in a CV in case they needed staff. If they want you they will contact you. As for the supermarkets you mention(Tesco etc) you can apply online. Tesco is http://www.tesco-careers.com/ . Hope this helps. Persistence is key when finding your first job, don't take it to heart if you get denied countless times. Good luck
    Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Walk into all of the shops you listed, go to customer services or equivalent, and ask if they're hiring. And how to apply. Some request online applications only, whereas some will accept online or instore, and some instore only.
    With local places (not national firms) you're far more likely to get an interview simply by chatting to the manager and handing them a CV, whereas national ones are more likely to take a CV and give you a call later or ask for online.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katier1999)
    Anyone know anything about O2 Star Trader? Thought I’d share with you guys because I’ve just come across the website. The video says all you have to do is give out sim cards and then O2 pay you £5 commission every time one is activated! You sign up, order your sims for free and get paid £5 for every one that is topped up. I know I could give them to loads of kids at school and it seems like a bit of an earner!
    "Every time one is activated" is the key word there... They would have to take their own sim out and put a new one in (giving them a new number) and top it up with Credit. Many people will accept the sim and never activate it..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.