Politics or law at uni?????

Watch
asos98
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I like these subjects equally, and i've been trying to make a decision for ages now and my brain is starting to hurt. I just really want to know which subject has better graduate prospects and if any of you have done either law or politics at uni can you share your experience with me please
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 years ago
Why not do a joint honours or maybe a law degree with politics?
asos98
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Why not do a joint honours or maybe a law degree with politics?
Not many good unis offer law and politics courses
999tigger
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by asos98)
Not many good unis offer law and politics courses
No idea you dont give much info tbh about anything.
asos98
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
No idea you dont give much info tbh about anything.
Yeah sorry i'm really jet lagged i travelled halfway accross the world haha. I just know i can't do a joint honours and i have to choose one of them. I'm trying to place myself in the shoes of an employer: would i rather have a politics grad or a law grad working for me
999tigger
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by asos98)
Yeah sorry i'm really jet lagged i travelled halfway accross the world haha. I just know i can't do a joint honours and i have to choose one of them. I'm trying to place myself in the shoes of an employer: would i rather have a politics grad or a law grad working for me
Iy makes littel difference. Where you studied and class of dehree, then how you interview will matter more. Law I would think is more useful, but its not going to matter that much to an employer.
Pinkberry_y
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Law, just because you can do more with it
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you want to practice law there's no need to do the LLB as you can do a conversion from politics later. That being saaid politics at degree is NOTHING like alevel or lower its great deal more about philosophy than the practical or real side [so boring, trust me i did it for a BSc] Law equally is a lot of philosophy and a huge amount of reading and memorising archane legal precedents. Basically both require a lot of reading but pol seems to offer a bigger upside[marginally] at least its not quite as common as law, those degrees are a dime dozen.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (32)
29.63%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (10)
9.26%
No I am happy with my choice (59)
54.63%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (7)
6.48%

Watched Threads