Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I like these subjects equally, and i've been trying to make a decision for ages now and my brain is starting to hurt. I just really want to know which subject has better graduate prospects and if any of you have done either law or politics at uni can you share your experience with me please
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Why not do a joint honours or maybe a law degree with politics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Why not do a joint honours or maybe a law degree with politics?
    Not many good unis offer law and politics courses
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by asos98)
    Not many good unis offer law and politics courses
    No idea you dont give much info tbh about anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    No idea you dont give much info tbh about anything.
    Yeah sorry i'm really jet lagged i travelled halfway accross the world haha. I just know i can't do a joint honours and i have to choose one of them. I'm trying to place myself in the shoes of an employer: would i rather have a politics grad or a law grad working for me
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by asos98)
    Yeah sorry i'm really jet lagged i travelled halfway accross the world haha. I just know i can't do a joint honours and i have to choose one of them. I'm trying to place myself in the shoes of an employer: would i rather have a politics grad or a law grad working for me
    Iy makes littel difference. Where you studied and class of dehree, then how you interview will matter more. Law I would think is more useful, but its not going to matter that much to an employer.

ReputationRep:
    Law, just because you can do more with it

ReputationRep:
    If you want to practice law there's no need to do the LLB as you can do a conversion from politics later. That being saaid politics at degree is NOTHING like alevel or lower its great deal more about philosophy than the practical or real side [so boring, trust me i did it for a BSc] Law equally is a lot of philosophy and a huge amount of reading and memorising archane legal precedents. Basically both require a lot of reading but pol seems to offer a bigger upside[marginally] at least its not quite as common as law, those degrees are a dime dozen.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.