How to make friends at 17? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Lame question, but worth a shot!
So I'm a full time school student, in boarding, but all the girls in my boarding house are foreign and so stick in groups of languages, meaning it's quite hard to make friends as a British girl. I work every weekend, but as I work in promo I am never in the same store for more than a few shifts at a time, meaning I can't really make any friends amongst the colleagues, it also doesn't help that I'm so much younger:')
School isn't a huge option for friends for several reasons, involving a certain group of girls who like to spread lots of rumours about me...
Help! I'm getting dangerously close to 18, and my mum is going on about 'going away with the girls' but i'm not exactly sure how to go about telling her I'm quite lonely...
How would you make friends at 17?
Pinkberry_y
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Lame question, but worth a shot!
So I'm a full time school student, in boarding, but all the girls in my boarding house are foreign and so stick in groups of languages, meaning it's quite hard to make friends as a British girl. I work every weekend, but as I work in promo I am never in the same store for more than a few shifts at a time, meaning I can't really make any friends amongst the colleagues, it also doesn't help that I'm so much younger:'
School isn't a huge option for friends for several reasons, involving a certain group of girls who like to spread lots of rumours about me...
Help! I'm getting dangerously close to 18, and my mum is going on about 'going away with the girls' but i'm not exactly sure how to go about telling her I'm quite lonely...
How would you make friends at 17?
Could you befriend any of the other girls in other boarding houses? Do you have any childhood friends or cousins that you're still close/in touch with. And you know what be honest with your mum, she needs to realise what the environment is like that she's put you in supposedly for your own benefit.
Dusky Mauve
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Do you do any additional activities either at school or otherwise where you could make different friends?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (36)
25.71%
No (104)
74.29%

Watched Threads