Original post by john1332123
what do you guys think

Private? As in Religious Schools?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SMEGGGY
Private? As in Religious Schools?

Posted from TSR Mobile

no
No they shouldn't. I presume you're talking about independent schools, but if one can afford a better education than what public, and even grammar schools can offer they should be allows to do so.
Err no... if someone can afford to send their children to independent school, then quite frankly, that's their choice, and they should be allowed to. Market forces in play people!
Reply 5
Of course they should be banned, how is Theresa May gonna tackle the 1% if she doesn't start with the unfair schooling system. How is this equal opportunity? Kids that go to private schools generally get better grades because the best teachers are lured away from public schools because the pay is better, more funding means more money can be spent on resources to stimulate education and lastly, more focus on discipline and education. How will we reduce inequality if the rich and poor are "segregated"? If the private schools are shut down, it will create a more equal education system and a fair starting point in life.
Reply 6
Nah. I don't think they're fair, however parents would still pay for extra tuition etc. It's impossible to balance.
At least this way, top universities can consider a candidate with reference to their school, so less wealthy students may get extra benefit.
yes, it compromises the meritocratic nature of society and means that not every kid has an equal opprtunity.
Yes, I believe they should.

It'd certainly be interesting to see how quickly state schools improved.
What an absurd proposition. On what basis could they possibly be banned?
I believe they should be banned but it's not going to happen any time soon unfortunately.

The best thing to do is for now is for all universities to give additional merit to students achieving the same grades in (poor) comprehensives as those in top private ones.
No they shouldn't, but the ideal situation would be for the state schools to become so good that private schools are no longer needed. Unfortunately this will never happen. If you can afford to send your children to one, though, it's your choice and I don't blame people for doing so.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending