Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

VA154 – Crisis Committee Amendment watch

• View Poll Results: Should this amendment be passed into the Constitution and Guidance Document?
    As many are of the opinion, Aye
    51.06%
    On the contrary, No
    34.04%
    Abstain
    14.89%

• Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    VA154 – Crisis Committee Amendment
    Proposed by: Nigel Farage MEP MP (UKIP)
    Seconded by: adam9317 MP (Con), Jammy Duel MP (Con), The Definite Article MP (Soc), Unown Uzer MP (UKIP)

Amendment to the Constitution

Section 13 Crisis Committee will be removed from the Constitution.

Amendment to the Guidance Document

Section 16 Crisis Committee will be removed from the Guidance Document.

Notes

When this amendment was last published members used the argument the Crisis Committee should be given one chance, or its existence is fine because the Crisis Committee is not detracting from the game, however, things have changed. The Crisis Committee has been given a final chance but the Crisis Committee failed by not publishing a sensible crisis, the Speaker is now looking to give the Crisis Committee another final chance: the Crisis Committee needs abolishing.

If the Crisis Committee should be allowed to sit idle for a small group of members to enjoy, the National Liberal Party should have been allowed to sit idle. If the National Liberal Party was rightly closed for inactivity, the Crisis Committee should be closed for its inactivity by failing to produce a reasonable crisis.

ReputationRep:
    I am rather enjoying the current crisis so it's a nay from me
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Nay. The recent crisis is very good and hopefully the few new CC members will be able to continue producing crises like this one. I like the format of the recent crisis too.

ReputationRep:
    The current crisis is better but i still don't trust the left to abuse the crisees to their advantage after the last time..
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I personally feel the Crisis Committee has become an irrelevance, and I will vote to support this amendment.

There is no reason why crisis scenarios cannot continue to be held informally if there's enough people to run them - we just don't need a committee.

ReputationRep:
    I supported this as I think it adds little, and I do not take part in any of the crisis events.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    I am rather enjoying the current crisis so it's a nay from me
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    Nay. The recent crisis is very good and hopefully the few new CC members will be able to continue producing crises like this one. I like the format of the recent crisis too.
    Were you not two people that said, when the government picked up output at the same time as the first MoNC, "oh, it's just because they're in danger," why is this not the case here, especially given that this is absurd crisis 4 of 4 in at least a year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Were you not two people that said, when the government picked up output at the same time as the first MoNC, "oh, it's just because they're in danger," why is this not the case here, especially given that this is absurd crisis 4 of 4 in at least a year?
    Thats because you think it is a bad crisis, whereas sensible people like QQ and Kay think it's a good crisis.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Unown Uzer)
    Thats because you think it is a bad crisis, whereas sensible people like QQ and Kay think it's a good crisis.
    You mean lorrys with sports car handling and car bombs miles stronger than any seen totally make a good B film called "crisis"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unown Uzer)
    “Sensible people like QQ and Kay” coming from your mouth is beyond totally unbelievable and fake. :laugh:

Aye!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    I don't recall ever saying that, in fact I recall saying very little during both MoNC, and said I wouldn't second the second MoNC after regretting seconding the first. If I did I suspect I would have said something along the lines of isn't this opportune. If I made allegations then I regret saying such and take it back.

As for this crisis it was better on first look when I originally commented, I do think it has the basis of a good crisis, but went too far into action movie impossibility sadly after I talked with LP and yourself. I do very much like the style of it however.

As for UU praising myself, we certainly have big disagreements on policy but having spoken to UU while I was acting leader I would like to think we have a mutual appreciate for each other.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    The current crisis is better but i still don't trust the left to abuse the crisees to their advantage after the last time..
    That's why the original author of each crisis is meant to be writing the responses themselves, albeit with some guidance. Of course the problem is getting the members to actually spend a little time doing that instead of ignoring the Speaker and the Chair.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Ayes to the right: 24
    Noes to the left: 16
    Abstentions: 7

The Noes have it! The Noes have it! Unlock!

Turnout: 94%

Given the Guidance Document and Constitution sections are effectively co-dependent, and with this being a removal rather than an addition so something cannot be GD only, I don't see how we can have one half of this amendment pass and the other half fail.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 13, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Articles:

Debate and current affairs forum guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.