Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

this was ages and ages and yeers ago but can't stop this niggle at the back of my mind, so basically I answered this question on yahoo answers in the education section and this person was nervous about their gcse results i was in year 10 so i had a good idea about what they were going through, I answered the question kindly like they could resit if they needed to etc, and it could be sorted if it went terribly wrong and it wasn't the end of the world etc, and then when I went back to see the reply there was an update from their ``father`` to say they'd killed themselves...

and they'd found them and the ya question but ya usually ya automatically times out & logs out so it may have been a troll question but I don't know if it was fake or real because there was a couple of swear words from the ''father''there too... it may be fake because they said they'd got them BEFORE results day (this was like 3 weeks before the results were released) this is impossible surely? because results aren't realeased before results day - they were definately in the uk plus they didn't even know their actual results then so makes me think it was fake...

NEVER been on that site since... shudders,,
    please calm me down i answered the question but it makes me feel horrible though now i think about it it seemed like a troll question but i don;t know
    if it was a troll but how can people be so horrible but if it wasn;t... i know i gave a decent answer which was hard to be misleaded by but the update said about living with it forever...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    this was ages and ages and yeers ago but can't stop this niggle at the back of my mind, so basically I answered this question on yahoo answers in the education section and this person was nervous about their gcse results i was in year 10 so i had a good idea about what they were going through, I answered the question kindly like they could resit if they needed to etc, and it could be sorted if it went terribly wrong and it wasn't the end of the world etc, and then when I went back to see the reply there was an update from their ``father`` to say they'd killed themselves...

and they'd found them and the ya question but ya usually ya automatically times out & logs out so it may have been a troll question but I don't know if it was fake or real because there was a couple of swear words from the ''father''there too... it may be fake because they said they'd got them BEFORE results day (this was like 3 weeks before the results were released) this is impossible surely? because results aren't realeased before results day - they were definately in the uk plus they didn't even know their actual results then so makes me think it was fake...

please calm me down i answered the question but it makes me feel horrible though now i think about it it seemed like a troll question but i don;t know
    if it was a troll but how can people be so horrible but if it wasn;t... i know i gave a decent answer which was hard to be misleaded by but the update said about living with it forever...
    Troll. I doubt the 'father' would be mentally well enough to post something like that after losing his child. He probably wouldn't even know their password.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Probably the same person, posing as their father. Ergo fake!

ReputationRep:
    Complete fake, you can release your guilt now. Go back on the site and redeem your worth, it will have a healing effect.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 11, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.