Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi so I was just wondering what actually happens on results day
    See I have a really embrassing middle name that I've hid for years and would die of embarrassment of anyone seen my letter before me. Do the teachers give them to you?
    And do you have to open the results there or can you open them on the way home or whatever ?

ReputationRep:
    You go to your school whatever time to collect your results (9am in my school, 8am in some others), you get your envelope and open it there then chat with friends, teachers etc...Your teachers can see your results before you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S.Defc123)
    See I have a really embrassing middle name that I've hid for years and would die of embarrassment of anyone seen my letter before me. Do the teachers give them to you?
    And do you have to open the results there or can you open them on the way home or whatever ?
    I think that they would just be placed on a table for you to pick them up. teachers would have looked at your results though. You can open your results wherever you want.

ReputationRep:
    You go in and the headteacher gets his microphone out and says "Now, before we begin, we have one particular embarrassing middle name that we're going to share *introduces you*"

ReputationRep:
    How many envelopes are there ? Just the one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PHD2027)
    I think that they would just be placed on a table for you to pick them up. teachers would have looked at your results though. You can open your results wherever you want.
    Think I'm gunna open mine on the way home be arsed doin it there I just hope no one sees my middle name on my enevelope 😩😩😂😂

ReputationRep:
    How many envelopes are there ? Just the one
    yes.

ReputationRep:
    Think I'm gunna open mine on the way home be arsed doin it there I just hope no one sees my middle name on my enevelope 😩😩😂😂
    I think there will be like a box of envelopes and there will be a supply teacher there who flicks through them when you ask for your name. I don't really know because this is my first results day, but that's how I imagine it, and they did my mock results like this too.

Also, on my list of exams that I got before the exams, it says my "name on certificate" and they only include the middle name as the first letter (dunno if that makes sense..) - so like if your name was Joe Lee Bloggs your name would be displayed as Joe L Bloggs but I'm really not sure.

I'm sure your middle name isn't that bad, and if you want to avoid people then I guess you could go in super early, or super late... Good luck with your results! I'm so nervous

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.