The Student Room Group

Results day?

Hi so I was just wondering what actually happens on results day
See I have a really embrassing middle name that I've hid for years and would die of embarrassment of anyone seen my letter before me. Do the teachers give them to you?
And do you have to open the results there or can you open them on the way home or whatever ?
You go to your school whatever time to collect your results (9am in my school, 8am in some others), you get your envelope and open it there then chat with friends, teachers etc...Your teachers can see your results before you :smile:
Original post by S.Defc123
Hi so I was just wondering what actually happens on results day
See I have a really embrassing middle name that I've hid for years and would die of embarrassment of anyone seen my letter before me. Do the teachers give them to you?
And do you have to open the results there or can you open them on the way home or whatever ?

You go in and the headteacher gets his microphone out and says "Now, before we begin, we have one particular embarrassing middle name that we're going to share *introduces you*"
Reply 3
How many envelopes are there ? Just the one
Reply 4
Think I'm gunna open mine on the way home be arsed doin it there I just hope no one sees my middle name on my enevelope 😩😩😂😂
Original post by S.Defc123
Think I'm gunna open mine on the way home be arsed doin it there I just hope no one sees my middle name on my enevelope 😩😩😂😂

I think there will be like a box of envelopes and there will be a supply teacher there who flicks through them when you ask for your name. I don't really know because this is my first results day, but that's how I imagine it, and they did my mock results like this too.

Also, on my list of exams that I got before the exams, it says my "name on certificate" and they only include the middle name as the first letter (dunno if that makes sense..) - so like if your name was Joe Lee Bloggs your name would be displayed as Joe L Bloggs but I'm really not sure.

I'm sure your middle name isn't that bad, and if you want to avoid people then I guess you could go in super early, or super late... Good luck with your results! I'm so nervous :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest