Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, so i currently completed my AS exams in Business,English and Math(still waiting for the results) and last year in grade 10 i had a 87% school average and my IGCSE grades where math C,business B,biology B,english A*,physics B and French A*,I also endeavor to stay active with extracurricular like volunteer,charity and Model United Nations. However i am aware that my Igcse marks are pretty weak, this is due to the fact that i moved from Quebec Canada where i studied in french to a new country where i struggled with the British curriculum.
    Do you think i will be able to get in any Canadian colleges or universities (perferably McGill or Marianapolis College Im interested in liberal arts and law)
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by radel1999)
    Do you think i will be able to get in any Canadian colleges or universities (perferably McGill or Marianapolis College Im interested in liberal arts and law)
    Hey,

Getting into a Canadian college/university should be doable, but of course if you have your sights set on McGill then it may be a bit more challenging. I'd first recommend scouring McGill's website to see if you can find typical entry requirements for international students, failing that don't be afraid to send them an email.

North American universities are very interested in students with a diverse background, especially those with a lot of extra-curriculars. Volunteer work and being part in a Model UN will help significantly.

Best of luck,

Scott
    Undergraduate Rep
    School of Engineering

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.