Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How do you register for Dundee's open day in september? For Glasgow's open days there was a link on the web page but I can't seem to find this for Dundee (maybe because there isn't?). Help would be great

ReputationRep:
    There open day registration might not be up yet but when I did it last year it was definitely an online thing.

ReputationRep:
    ok thanks I'll just keep looking on the web page, I'm just scared I miss it and don't get a place

ReputationRep:
    Dundee's open day doesnt really work the same way as glasgows. For glasgow you had to book a special ticket and you get like a proper 1hr 45 min tour of the school (well worth it!!) but when you booked into see dentistry at dundee it was just a talk with no tour of the school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dhesi)
    Dundee's open day doesnt really work the same way as glasgows. For glasgow you had to book a special ticket and you get like a proper 1hr 45 min tour of the school (well worth it!!) but when you booked into see dentistry at dundee it was just a talk with no tour of the school.
    Is Dundee's one sort of like the one Glasgow did before the summer? I went to it and was quite taken with it

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I went to a glasgow one before summer. Last year dentistry did theirs on the same day as every other department and then if you manage to get an interview they give you another wee tour. Dundee is a much newer dental school but I preferred the students, staff and general ethos of Glasgow. Plus the dental hospital covers a much wider area so you are likely to see a wider variety of cases. What other two dental schools are you applying to?

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking maybe the one in Belfast but not too sure about the other one, which ones did you choose?

ReputationRep:
    I picked Glasgow Dundee Newcastle and Machester. I kinda picked manchester at random, never went to their interview because by that time I'd only heard bad things about it. Newcastle is well worth putting down though, really nice dental school and seemed like a great place to be.

ReputationRep:
    Glasgow's open day was very helpful. They had staff who are involved in the applying process sit down with you and go through the criteria they expect you to meet and see how you compare to it. Gives you an idea of how your chances are and what you should aim to get etc. Dundee I missed as I was unwell but from what I heard it was nothing to write home about! But back to your point I registered for Dundee's open day online! I applied for Manchester and Newcastle as well as Glasgow and Dundee. I withdrew my application for Manchester as I didn't really want to go there and didn't want to deprive anyone of an interview so I have no idea what their dental school is like. As for Newcastle, its facitilites are fantastic, everyone was very friendly and generally it seemed like a nice place to go. I'd recommend applying there as well xx

ReputationRep:
    oh i see your from Aberdeen and were thinking about applying to Queens in Belfast. Unless their admission policy has changed they don't let anyone from outwith Ireland apply for Dentistry as they don't have enough places. You might want to double check it though but I was wanting to apply there as my family live in N.I and i couldn't.

ReputationRep:
    well i actually rethought Belfast already, I looked into Newcastle and it looks good. I'll have a better idea when I get my results next week I think anyway

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 1, 2007

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.