Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi just a quick question, I hope someone can advise? I have 3 As Higher at the moment and need 2 Bs next year minimum to access University. My question is if I do advanced highers in the same subjects I have As in do they count as separate or am I better just doing a variety of different highers?

Thanks

They will count as separate but personally I would recommend a mix of highers/advanced highers as it shows to the university you are able in a variety of subject which have a variety of skills. What is it you want to do?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your quick response. It is Primary Education I want to study, I have an A in English, Music and Drama & C in Modern Studies. I am considering re-sitting it next year along with human bio and going to college for the senior phase for psychology.

(Original post by Caitlinxxmurphy)
    Thank you for your quick response. It is Primary Education I want to study, I have an A in English, Music and Drama & C in Modern Studies. I am considering re-sitting it next year along with human bio and going to college for the senior phase for psychology.
    Sound like a good plan of action, I wish you the best of Luck!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by JP298)
    They will count as separate but personally I would recommend a mix of highers/advanced highers as it shows to the university you are able in a variety of subject which have a variety of skills. What is it you want to do?
    They don't generally count as separate as many universities will not double count a subject so I would check with individual universities. Advanced Highers can 'upgrade' a Higher grade in the same subject for some universities though. For example, if you got a B in Higher English in 5th year then a B in Advanced Higher English in 6th year, instead of counting them as separate they would upgrade the grade to the equivalent of an A at Higher.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.