Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Last night, on the way back home i was mugged. There was a group of approx. 10 youths on a street corner, well hidden away. 3 approached me from front on, and i saw one behind me, in my peripheral vision. I knew i was in trouble then. Attacked me instantly, three at the same time were hitting me. I got 3 punches in the face, a punch on the top of the head and when my face was cowered, i got a knee to my right cheek bone. A gun was brandished, well, it looked genuine...and when a gun is pointed at you and you're getting whacked all over, you obey their demands and they wanted money, so out came my debit card. I kept telling them i had spilled it onto the floor, the ******s barely gave me chance to give them anything, they were constantly taking hits at me. Thankfully they stopped hitting me once one of them had seen the card on the floor, and alerted the man with the gun (toy or genuine, i don't know, but it looked the real mccoy...)...then they legged it, must've gone to the cash machine which was located not so far away...i ran from the scene of attack, ran in the opposite direction to where they headed off, then phoned the police immediately, saw two of the youths hanging around where i ran to, then hung up on the police, legged it back down the road again and made my way home.

As i must've had approx 6-7 pints last night, my senses were deadened a little, so the punches and knee to the face didn't hurt that much tbh. I did come up with swelling but that's gone pretty quickly overnight, with the help of ice and arnica!

So, my advice, be prepared for such instances. The irritating thing, is that it was probably a group of chavs, and i could've had them all had they given me some room, but they crowded round me, giving me no time to catch my breath. And you can't mess around when a gun is brandished. Such a situation also goes to show your perceptions of reality are distorted/influenced by the consumption of alcohol, i usually drink very little, on last nights occasion, i had a fair bit but i was still surprisingly sober...but i'm glad i didn't fight back, i couldn't, not when a gun is brandished...

It's sad that such pathetic little ****s exist...quite humiliating really, little ****s.

hmm There's a financial loss of nearly £200 to one of my accounts, i'd have probably been in some serious **** had they tried the card and found i'd lied to them re: pin number. I did give them the correct pin number, i was just petrified, wanted them to go, life more important that money etc...hopefully i'll get that money back, or maybe i won't. Got back home asap, got card cancelled, policeman came round and did the report/filing....

ReputationRep:
    :hugs:
    Being attacked by a gang is horrible and you aren't a coward for giving in to them, you were sensible.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: I'm really sorry to hear that! Hope the police can sort this mess up. I think you did the right thing though, I wouldn't have risked fighting back in that situation. Hope your feeling better soon.

ReputationRep:
    This is bad. I always avoid going out solo at night, anything can happen etc...

ReputationRep:
    It was ridiculous. The ****s were barely giving me a chance to give them money and my card because they were constantly taking hits at me. A bump to the left side of my face, a bump above my right eyebrow and a bump on my right cheekbone. And in the shower this morning, i felt a bruise on the top of my head. Constantly going at me, the ****s. I kept telling them my card was on the floor, and it took them about 10 seconds to find it, i was getting worried in case they couldn't find the card that i spilled onto the floor. There was a gun pointed in my face for most of the attack and quite a few hits going in. ********s. What i'd love right now, see those ****s locked up or better still, get them all in a ring, me against the 4 of them, no gun this time round, and i'd give them hell. They surrounded me very quickly, in came the punches quickly...

ReputationRep:
    Surely you can get your money back from the bank if you tell them you are mugged? Maybe provide them with the crime number the police gave you?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Bloody chavs :mad: least you reported it.

ReputationRep:
    i'm waiting for a response from the bank. They know the situation and of the two transactions that weren't of my doing. They will be contacting the police etc, doing the paperwork, and i'll be shortly receiving a letter from the bank regarding the situation. Ideally i'd get money back but unfortunately we don't live in an ideal world, so who knows....

ReputationRep:
    That's disgusting,
    I really can't imagine why someone/some people would do this,
    ****ing chavs

I hope you get the money back,
    I think you will, because isn't it, in small way, the same as credit card fraud? My brother used a very dodgy looking cash point at some tube station in London, and his card got cloned and they took about £600 off him in total, but the bank gave it back, despite him saying that it was partly his fault as he didn't trust the cash machine, he was just in a rush

ReputationRep:
    i'm so sorry to hear this...

just over a year ago my brother got mugged by 2 guys in broad daylight. punched him to the ground and stamped on his head. took his phone and wallet but left his ipod 'luckily'. he was totally shook up by it and has now moved to the other side of the country to get away from here.

the ****ers did a few other people the same day, including an old woman, and are now in jail for 7 years a piece.

i hope you get your money back and the police found who did this to you..

ReputationRep:
    Even if you can't get the money back from the bank, you should be able to get compensation if you get them prosecuted. They're such scum, having to take you on in a big group with a gun.. you know if you met one of them on their own they'd absolutely **** themself.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Sorry to hear that WHW.
    Really I don't think there's any way you could've been prepared for a situation like that.
    Compared to what you went through, my only experience doesn't even come close, but it still shook me up.

Here's to hoping the ****ers get what they deserve.
    All the best

ReputationRep:
    It sucks. Where was this?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that really sucks dude.

I would have thought you'll be able to get your money back, it's just the fact that you gave them your pin number that might count against you, not that i'm blaming you, I would likely have done the same. Hope it works out man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubblebee)
    you aren't a coward for giving in to them, you were sensible
    I totally agree. You might be able to get your money back but not your life.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear that buddy

3 guys tried to mug me last month, I managed to fight them off and they didn't get anything but I was still a mess with a huge black eye and some bad cuts. Unfortunately because it was late and I was drunk I didn't get a good look at them and the incident has been filed away.

Your experience sounds a lot worse, you're pretty lucky they haven't done you more harm by the sounds of it Good to hear you've reported it to the police already, hopefully the *******s have been caught on CCTV somewhere, there was 10 of them so you'd think theres a good chance.

Don't let it get you down anyway, just think of it as a one off and don't let it stop you doing things late at night.

ReputationRep:
    Was that in Leicester Superdaz?

ReputationRep:
    OMG! He's the mugger!^^

Only messing, but that's still a really huge bummer. I was almost mugged once, luckily, quick thinking and some good friends saved me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomber)
    Was that in Leicester Superdaz?
    Not quite, I was coming back from a night out in Leicester but it was in my village Groby, population 5000ish :wtf?:

I've never had any trouble in Leicester really.

The annoying thing is they most likeley wont catch them and even if they do it wont lead to any serious prosecution if you could ID them... happened to me just not for money for the fun of it. So ye just one of those things you need to realise there really are scum on this earth and forget about it...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2007
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.