Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Results day is just around the corner but this is the place to be on the day and onwards!

A congratulations to those that are going to the university and you can use this thread to say hello to fellow students and discuss how excited you are to begin your fantastic journey!

This thread is yours, take it away

ReputationRep:
    So.. anyone else going to Bangor?

ReputationRep:
    Ngl, I'm excited to start! I'll be Studying Computer Science

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing archaeology?

ReputationRep:
    Medical Biology for me

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to firm an unconditional offer from Aberystwyth to study Computer Science + Artificial Intelligence earlier this year, but had to decline to stay closer to home because of change in circumstances. Though Bangor Uni wouldn't let me apply for their Computer Science through Ucas Extra, so I'll be studying Computer Information System instead. Apologies for anyone else on that CIS course because I'll probably be moping around for a few days before taking it seriously, as it is not exactly my desired course lol

ReputationRep:
    Electronic Engineering ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rawr97)
    I wanted to firm an unconditional offer from Aberystwyth to study Computer Science + Artificial Intelligence earlier this year, but had to decline to stay closer to home because of change in circumstances. Though Bangor Uni wouldn't let me apply for their Computer Science through Ucas Extra, so I'll be studying Computer Information System instead. Apologies for anyone else on that CIS course because I'll probably be moping around for a few days before taking it seriously, as it is not exactly my desired course lol
    Why wouldn't they let you do CS? Was it full or something? I'll see you in lectures maybe since I'm doing CS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jowogo)
    Why wouldn't they let you do CS? Was it full or something? I'll see you in lectures maybe since I'm doing CS.
    Mostly because I never carried on mathematics at A-level, or did a computer science A-level (CS wasn't available at the time as an A-level or GCSE in my school, so I was pretty much stuck with ICT), plus they (Bangor) are no longer keen on ICT A-level students who pick CS at degree, due to difficulties with past students I guess.
    I've just seen the modules in detail now for Computer Information System, and it seems great anyway so I'm not upset anymore. If I recall, a few modules overlaps with CIS and CS so most likely have a few joint lectures.

Also, has anyone filled the online registration yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rawr97)
    Mostly because I never carried on mathematics at A-level, or did a computer science A-level (CS wasn't available at the time as an A-level or GCSE in my school, so I was pretty much stuck with ICT), plus they (Bangor) are no longer keen on ICT A-level students who pick CS at degree, due to difficulties with past students I guess.
    I've just seen the modules in detail now for Computer Information System, and it seems great anyway so I'm not upset anymore. If I recall, a few modules overlaps with CIS and CS so most likely have a few joint lectures.

Also, has anyone filled the online registration yet?
    I finished my online registration a few days ago.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.