Any advice or tips for surviving sixth form?

Watch this thread
Kobisha
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
1 6 minutes ago Report post
i am going to go into year 12 in September and i had a couple of questions. the subjects i have chosen to do is English Literature ( might be swapping to Psychology), History and Classics.

What things would i need to buy and bring?
Any revision tips?
Organizing tips?
Any tips in general to survive sixth form
Welshgirl20
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
My biggest revision tip is to start revising early! This was the best method for me, I was organised and was always on top of stuff.
1. Start making revision materials early, such as flash cards, posters, word document ect, whatever you find best
2. Additional reading is vital! I took as R.E and regularly had to research online or read books on the topics I was studying. This was very good as it shows additional knowledge when taking your exams
3. Make sure you have a folder for each subject, separate note books for each subject, coloured pens such as finelinners and some flash cards! They are the things aside my basic stationary I find very useful
4. Make sure that all course work is completed to a highstandard and is not left untill last minute. It's peace of mind going into an exam knowing you have a high grade piece of course work in that subject.
5. Use your free lessons effectively, it's really tempting to gossip or have a relax in your frees but they are very important.

Overall, make sure to have a postive mind set and be prepared to work hard throughout the year. It will be a MASSIVE step from your GCSEs but good organisation and a postive mind set will make sure you achieve the best grades your can 😄
Good luck X

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (146)
29.2%
It went fairly well (236)
47.2%
It didn't go too well (75)
15%
TERRIBLE! (43)
8.6%

Watched Threads