How do YOU deal with a break up? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Are you male/female? Breaking up with someone you're still in love with vs not? How did your feelings change over time e.g. 1 week after break up vs months? What kinda relationship do you have with your ex now e.g. are you on speaking terms? How did you get over them, if you even got over them?
maggie43
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Are you male/female? Breaking up with someone you're still in love with vs not? How did your feelings change over time e.g. 1 week after break up vs months? What kinda relationship do you have with your ex now e.g. are you on speaking terms? How did you get over them, if you even got over them?
2 months is how long I took. Not spoken for a year. You basically just cut off all means of communication and that's it.
Time just heals all wounds

Posted from TSR Mobile
Zarek
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Still pretty sad over a year later with my first significant relationship. New love was the only cure for me. Still some nostalgia. Was briefly a f/b friend with then again a couple of years back but then decided to unfriend.
TeenRose29
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ain't had a relationship so not in for a breakup anytime soon. 😶
MrsSheldonCooper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Female and was in love with my ex.

Month 1- Cried my eyes out, ate pizza and over 20 chocolate digestives packets within 2 weeks.
Month 2- Facebook stalking
Month 3- Went out on dates with other guys
Month 4- Revised and revised
After Month 5- Revised for exams and lost weight.

I do have my days where I miss him but I'll get past it
catinsomehat
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Smash my head into a wall until I pass out.
Eat cookies when I wake up.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
Female and was in love with my ex.

Month 1- Cried my eyes out, ate pizza and over 20 chocolate digestives packets within 2 weeks.
Month 2- Facebook stalking
Month 3- Went out on dates with other guys
Month 4- Revised and revised
After Month 5- Revised for exams and lost weight.

I do have my days where I miss him but I'll get past it
I can empathise Glad it's getting better though
MrsSheldonCooper
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I can empathise Glad it's getting better though
Yeah I guess. I'm in a better position thankfully
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Zarek)
Still pretty sad over a year later with my first significant relationship. New love was the only cure for me. Still some nostalgia. Was briefly a f/b friend with then again a couple of years back but then decided to unfriend.
I'm guessing you were going out for quite some time then? It's been a few months since I broke up with my ex. Still hurts but I think I miss how he made me feel instead of missing him..
Anonymous #1
Do guys and girls deal with break ups differently? How?

Is this accurate:

http://imgur.com/Od014Xo
Anonymous #1

Is this accurate:

http://imgur.com/a/n63Q0
MrsSheldonCooper
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Is this accurate:

http://imgur.com/Od014Xo
It's right to an extent. Girls, after a breakup cry and talk about it openly to their friends and anyone who listens. That helps them move on faster. Boys, however are more into doing physical things and admitting that they're upset over "some girl" makes them look weak in front of their friends. Hence why because of this, the hurt of the breakup stays with them and affects them much later on.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
It's very sad when this happens, I've had 6 girlfriends so far, and I'm on the seventh right now. And as they say 'practice makes perfect'
I'm just joking... But as time goes by you find easier and easier to deal with all of this, try not looking at her facebook page nor any other social media, this makes everything quit more difficult, a new love is a good option, try travelling, but PLEASE, don't go to a place where you and your partner used to go, go to different nightclubs, restaurants and different everything... Wish you good luck
Anonymous #1
It's right to an extent. Girls, after a breakup cry and talk about it openly to their friends and anyone who listens. That helps them move on faster. Boys, however are more into doing physical things and admitting that they're upset over "some girl" makes them look weak in front of their friends. Hence why because of this, the hurt of the breakup stays with them and affects them much later on.

Makes sense. I texted my ex after no contact and he responds to my messages but never initiates conversation. My friends haven't told me he's talked about me or anything of the sort either. Makes me feel like he doesn't care and has moved on super quick! But perhaps he just has his guard up
MrsSheldonCooper
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Makes sense. I texted my ex after no contact and he responds to my messages but never initiates conversation. My friends haven't told me he's talked about me or anything of the sort either. Makes me feel like he doesn't care and has moved on super quick! But perhaps he just has his guard up
He's probably finding his own way to get over it I think. Anyway you shouldn't be the one texting him because it makes you look needy. Take up a new hobby and you'll get over him
Anonymous #1
He's probably finding his own way to get over it I think. Anyway you shouldn't be the one texting him because it makes you look needy. Take up a new hobby and you'll get over him

Yeah when I pressed send it was instant regret :rolleyes: I'm not starting anymore convos though. I wanted to stay friends but I will take the hint and preoccupy myself with other stuff.
MrsSheldonCooper
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah when I pressed send it was instant regret :rolleyes: I'm not starting anymore convos though. I wanted to stay friends but I will take the hint and preoccupy myself with other stuff.
You can stay mates with him after you're both over it.
Samii123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't understand why people become so emotional after a break up, especially when they are the ones who initiate the break up but maybe that's because I don't have feelings, idk.
PrincessBO$$
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
https://cdn.meme.am/instances/30809343.jpg
STLJA
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Broke up with my ex 3 months ago after a 2.5 year relationship because she, as an Indian girl, couldn't face the prospect of bringing a black boy home. Although she had pleaded with me to trust her she betrayed my faith in her to rise above her parents unjustifiable repulsive hatred. She turned from the caring girl I once knew to a hostile heartless b*tch.

The first month was a mixture of me crying privately and trying to convince her to fight for us which she wasn't willing to do.She started to throw insults at me for trying to get her to stand up to them (e.g. Even if my parents murdered you just for being black I would still defend them in court cos they're my parents, you don't mean sh*t to me anymore). Despite my somewhat renowned tough persona I did publicly break down in a club in front of my boys, but hey when you catch feelings and spend 2 years with someone then get dumped cos you're black it brings out your emotional side.

The next month was me just me trying to accept things and find distractions. Thankfully I have a very supportive family and group of friends. I went out a lot, even had a couple minor flings, but I would still spend hours thinking of her and how she could of made this decision so abruptly despite all she had promised.

Now I have cut her off completely because I'm tired of her attitude.She still crosses my mind from time to time but it's less often than before. I'm starting to talk to some new girls and I'm certainly not as down as I was previously. Time heals but the wound is deep and it will take some more time before I can say I'm fully over her.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (132)
18.72%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
9.93%
No I am happy with my course choice (402)
57.02%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (101)
14.33%

Watched Threads