Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,
    So i'm currently in year 10 and will start Year 11 soon.
    I'm fairly pleased with my progress in Year 10, however i'm aiming for A/A* in all of my subjects, which i think, with hard work, is achievable for me in all my subjects.
    All of them.....
    ...Except English.
    Oh gosh. I have not the slightest clue about English.

I'm currently working at a Grade 5. (New grades) And i must say, for me, that's quite the disappointment. It would be alright if i knew how to improve on it, but i really don't.
    I used to be great at English but i'm rolling downhill now. I really don't know how to do anything. I try my best in my mocks and still get a 5 (Very close to a 6, but still). I have an absolutely terrible teacher who doesn't care about us at all. I don't know how to get those marks, I don't know good writing techniques or technical terms.
    What should i do

ReputationRep:
    i'll PM you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sherlyyyn)
    Hello everyone,
    So i'm currently in year 10
    and will start Year 11 soon.
    I'm fairly pleased with my progress in Year 10, however i'm aiming for A/A* in all of my subjects, which i think, with hard work, is achievable for me in all my subjects.
    All of them.....
    ...Except English.

I'm currently working at a Grade 5. (New grades) And i must say, for me, that's quite the disappointment. It would be alright if i knew how to improve on it, but i really don't.
    I used to be great at English but i'm rolling downhill now. I really don't know how to do anything. I try my best in my mocks and still get a 5 (Very close to a 6, but still). I have an absolutely terrible teacher who doesn't care about us at all. I don't know how to get those marks, I don't know good writing techniques or technical terms.
    What should i do
    Look up Mr Bruff on youtube or search for your exam board and english on youtube ...there are loads of gcse english channels and theyre really good. I'd say mr bruff is the best though. Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamayesha)
    Look up Mr Bruff on youtube or search for your exam board and english on youtube ...there are loads of gcse english channels and theyre really good. I'd say mr bruff is the best though. Hope this helps
    Ah, yes. Mr Bruff really is helpful. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sherlyyyn)
    Hello everyone,
    So i'm currently in year 10 and will start Year 11 soon.
    All of them.....
    ...Except English.

What should i do
    Hey!! I'm in the same situation as you, i'm somehow working at a 7 (no clue how) but really dont feel confident the exams are starting to make me panicky because we just wont know how we did with the exam being closed book and everything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vin57xd)
    Hey!! I'm in the same situation as you, i'm somehow working at a 7 (no clue how) but really dont feel confident the exams are starting to make me panicky because we just wont know how we did with the exam being closed book and everything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same, same. i can't believe we have to memorise everything!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.