Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It's nearing the end of the summer already but because of my personal circumstances, I received my A level grades a while back and have had a confirmed uni place for months. Since I got my results, I've kind of been milling around but I don't want my maths skills to be too rusty when I actually leave for uni. Are there any good resources online that would help me to brush up on my maths? I've been trying to do lots of past papers: STEP, uni entrance exams and that, but I'm kind of stagnating. What would you recommend?
    Thanks.
    Just FYI, the modules covered were: C1,2,3,4, S1,2,M1,2, D1,2<-(biggest load of ******** ever) and FP1,2 if that makes a difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NoHetero)
    It's nearing the end of the summer already but because of my personal circumstances, I received my A level grades a while back and have had a confirmed uni place for months. Since I got my results, I've kind of been milling around but I don't want my maths skills to be too rusty when I actually leave for uni. Are there any good resources online that would help me to brush up on my maths? I've been trying to do lots of past papers: STEP, uni entrance exams and that, but I'm kind of stagnating. What would you recommend?
    Thanks.
    Just FYI, the modules covered were: C1,2,3,4, S1,2,M1,2, D1,2<-(biggest load of ******** ever) and FP1,2 if that makes a difference.

You could read 'How to think like a Mathematician' or even 'Bridging the gap to university level Mathematics' (I'm on my phone so can't post links to pdf version).

Personally, I'm just doing STEP papers and going far beyond A-level syllabus for certain A-level Maths topics such matrices, complex numbers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NoHetero)
    Thanks.
    self teach yourself FP3 + go over some STEP papers.

ReputationRep:
    haribos

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.