Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It was quite being on the right place on the right time really, but I want to customize it. Though I don't know how. Any recommendations for photo-editing programs for noobs? :p:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Wow nice pic! Showing the colours of natural beauty by the relationship between the bumblebee and flower. I wouldn't customize it too much to lose its beauty but photo shop pro is by far the best to use even for pros.

Keep it up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Decota)
    but paint shop pro is by far the best to use even for pros.
    Out. Now.

The pic's a bit boring. There's no interesting composition, the colours aren't that rich and it's something you could see outside just by walking down the road. Keep it up, though.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I was planning to always leave the original untouched, just wanted to see what i could do with editing programs!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanGrover)
    Out. Now.

The pic's a bit boring. There's no interesting composition, the colours aren't that rich and it's something you could see outside just by walking down the road. Keep it up, though.

Lol, like the "keep it up" in the end :laugh: I am trying.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    In answer to your actual question, Photoshop is the nuts, and that is what professionals (in all industries relating to any kind of image manipulation or creation - with the exception of digital matte painters, who use Photoshop and Coral Painter).

That said, it costs about eighty thousand million quid.

ReputationRep:
    It's pretty ****ty and literally took me a few minutes, but...

I think it's a bit more interesting. I desturated the edges, over-saturated the rest a tad, blurred the background a bit, increase the luminoscity of the flower and that's about it.

ReputationRep:
    Lovely! Though it looks a bit too bright or is it just me?

I'll post a few more see what you think of them

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, it's totally too bright, you can be way more subtle than that.

ReputationRep:
    Another one!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    And the final 3
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Okay ... You've got lots of pictures of flowers! Looks like your a flower fan. But try to capture extroadinary settings like the first one rather than just flowers. And how did you get pics of so nice a flowers in this weather?

ReputationRep:
    haha it were just 2 days in a row i made these pictures in the garden. There wasn't much else interesting in my garden to photograph at that time :p:

I live in holland, so it rains a lot

ReputationRep:
    just have a play around with them. Some things will look great, and some will ruin the pic, you just gotta play around

ReputationRep:
    Keep DSC00794.JPG. (No special reason; the name just 'speaks' to me.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sundous)
    And the final 3
    Hmm not too bad. But the colours are dull, especialy that second one :s: What kinda camera are you using? I think you need to think a bit more 'out of the box' The flowers that you're capturing are a bit limp too, perhaps true more lively ones in more vibrant light/colours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackswan)
    Hmm not too bad. But the colours are dull, especialy that second one :s: What kinda camera are you using? I think you need to think a bit more 'out of the box' The flowers that you're capturing are a bit limp too, perhaps true more lively ones in more vibrant light/colours.

Hmmm don't have much of those in the garden. How can you make un-lively ones look lively you think? Perhaps that will help!

Just a 6 mp digital camera!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Keep DSC00794.JPG. (No special reason; the name just 'speaks' to me.)

What does it say :/?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sundous)
    Hmmm don't have much of those in the garden. How can you make un-lively ones look lively you think? Perhaps that will help!

Just a 6 mp digital camera!
    Never underestimate a 6mp

ReputationRep:
    i think they look dull too

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.