Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I applied for student finance all the way back in February. Because I am a EU national I had to proof 3 years of residency. Iv been living in the UK since 2005. I proved evidence for 2013/2014 and 2015/2016 but I am unable to get any evidence for 2014/2015. at that time I wasn't in college or school and I wasn't working. I had no money coming in therefore my statement for that year was empty. I tried sending in my mother's housing benefit letter which has my name on it as well but they said it wasn't sufficient. I have nothing else to show. what can I do? and would my mother's tax credit letter be sufficient even though she wasn't being paid any child tax credit and the fact that I am 22 yrs old?

Thanks
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Hi zaharahh

Do you have any letters for yourself that you were entitled to any benefits of your own? If you are named on the tax credit award letter, definitely send that and any other official documents you have from that time.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately I don't have any letters with my name as I wasn't doing anything that year. Is there any alternative or another way around this?

Thanks
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Hi zaharahh

Without evidence you will not be able to get funding. We can accept, bank statements showing regular transactions, any letters from the Department of Work and pensions, letters from HMRC, Job Centre plus letter.

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.