Driving-how can I do the theory aged 16

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Fire Point
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Do you guys know if its possible to get your provisional and do your theory test whilst you're 16? You see I'm just a bit impatient;its also another way to fill up the summer hoidays.

Also are most of the theory tests the same?
DazYaSSS
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Daibhidh)
Do you guys know if its possible to get your provisional and do your theory test whilst you're 16?
no
sneezyme
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Do you guys know if its possible to get your provisional and do your theory test whilst you're 16? You see I'm just a bit impatient;its also another way to fill up the summer hoidays.

no i'm afraid not! also what do you mean are most theory tests the same, there is only one kind.
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You have to do the practical within a certain time of the theory anyway, so it would be pointless.
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
You have to do the practical within a certain time of the theory anyway, so it would be pointless.
2 years...
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
Yeah that happened to me, I got 35/35 in the theory, but I didn't have my test quick enough so if I ever become disabled in anyway and need to drive then I am back to square one.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

u need provisional license to take theory test and you have to be 17 to get it - although you can start studying obviously and take it when youre 17
Trigger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
though you can get off road driving lessons at 16 try drive craft in the yellow pages im with them and theyre good! a nation wide company btw
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

I think you can get books and stuff to revise hard for your theory now and take it on your 17th birthday. That should be ok.

But also what about the hazard perception test? Isn't that the kind of thing that you need experience driving to do?
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by trigger)
though you can get off road driving lessons at 16 try drive craft in the yellow pages im with them and theyre good! a nation wide company btw
according to the website, you can start learning when youre twelve :eek:
Trigger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
according to the website, you can start learning when youre twelve :eek:
oh my god :eek:
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kikzen)
2 years...
Oh

ignore my other post then
Flicker
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

you can get your provisional 3 months before your 17 but you can't take the test...you could try and book it for on your birthday if you're that desperate to take it but there's a huge waiting list in my area!
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
theory test in my area has a really short waiting list- you can do it in a couple of weeks. get the cds you can parctice on (you can get them from any computer shop etc.)- it's the hazard perception that takes the most getting used to. you can't do it before your birthday, but you could practice before. but it is much easier to do once you can actually drive.

lou xxx
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you want Freshers' Fairs to work this year?

Completely online (12)
11.88%
A mix of in-person and online options (20)
19.8%
As many in-person events as is safe to do (60)
59.41%
I don't plan on attending a Freshers' Fair (9)
8.91%

Watched Threads