The Student Room Group

Re-sitting Higher biology outwith school?

Hi-

I have received my higher results today however I am disappointed with my biology result. I have met the conditions for college but I would still like to get a better result in biology. Is there anywhere i can re-sit the course without having to attend regular lessons?

thanks in advance :smile:
IB or a-level??
GCSE
Yes, you can sit the exam as a private candidate.
Original post by Daniella02
Hi-I have received my higher results today however I am disappointed with my biology result. I have met the conditions for college but I would still like to get a better result in biology. Is there anywhere i can re-sit the course without having to attend regular lessons?thanks in advance :smile:
Hello- hopefully this response isn't too late. I am also a Scottish candidate. Firstly, well done for meeting your college conditions :smile:. If you really want to resit higher biology, my advice is...Some schools will let you sit exams as an external candidate (although they may require you to pay the SQA fee yourself if you are not in that school). Alternatively, you could enrol in a college distance learning/evening class, or ask a college that runs such a class if they would accept you as an external candidate- you may need to specifically contact them with your particular circumstances. There is also a place called Wallace College in Edinburgh- it's not a normal college, more of an exam centre/tutoring for people who don't attend a school or need an examination centre. There may be similar places elsewhere. I'm assuming that since you sat the exam you passed your unit assessments (as in NABs/UASPs)? You wouldn't need to redo these, but you would need to completely redo your assignment. If you do decide to resit, make sure you get your component marks from your school so you know which sections of the exam you need to improve on. Hopefully this helps and makes sense. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. :smile: PS- There is a forum specifically for Scottish qualifications: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=41
If you have any other queries in the future about Scottish qualifications, post them on there as you're more likely to get a relevant answer.
Original post by Daniella02
Hi-

I have received my higher results today however I am disappointed with my biology result. I have met the conditions for college but I would still like to get a better result in biology. Is there anywhere i can re-sit the course without having to attend regular lessons?

thanks in advance :smile:

I'm not sure if there's any point to be quite frank

What are you studying at college? If it's anything biological - then it doesn't matter as your new HND or whatever will be at a higher level than your biology grade.

If it's not anything biological and you don't intend of going into biology, then employers/universities won't care

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending