The Student Room Group

Original id/repayment overseas

Dear all,
I applied for the Postgraduate Loan and I haven't received your letter yet but from the preview I can see from my online account, I read that you need my passport or my ID. Moreover you ask for the original. What does it mean? Do I have to send you the original document by post? A copy is not enough? I can't stay in my country without my ID! How long does it take to get it back?

SECOND QUESTION: What about the repayment if I live overseas? I checked on the Internet but I didn't understand if the income of £21000 is valid also in ITaly as threshold or if in Italy I have o pay in any case even if my income won't be more then £21000.Thank you in advanceFederica
Hi Agius

You must send your original ID document to us by post. This can be EU ID card or passport.

When you are living overseas, you must send us evidence of your income each year and this shows whether you are eligible to repay based on your countries threshold. Please see our repayments website where we have the thresholds:
http://bit.ly/1kg0AGq

Thanks
Reply 2
Thanks for your reply!
Is it ok also a certified copy? Or is it mandatory the original?

Shall I wait to receive the letter first and then send the passport or can I send everything before receiving the letter?( I saw from the preview that there is also an attached form to send you my passport in order to have it back safely).

Thank you again

Original post by Morven SFE
Hi Agius

You must send your original ID document to us by post. This can be EU ID card or passport.

When you are living overseas, you must send us evidence of your income each year and this shows whether you are eligible to repay based on your countries threshold. Please see our repayments website where we have the thresholds:
http://bit.ly/1kg0AGq

Thanks
Hi Agius,

You must send the original ID by post. You don't have to wait for the letter to arrive before sending in the ID, we will return the documents via recorded delivery to the correspondence address on your account.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending