Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    this is mainly a question for women, but just wondering what is the shortest height of a man that you would go out with? would you go out with a guy that is shorter than you? does height actually matter at all?

ReputationRep:
    The minimum's usually 5 foot 7 (my height). I can't say I go for guys shorter than me, but never say never...

ReputationRep:
    My fiancee is 5'2" and proud of it.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Absolute shortest? Can't be any shorter than me - 5'2". But I wouldn't really fancy dating someone shorter than 5'8".

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'1 so taller than me isn't hard to find. Too tall gets ridiculous though.

I'd go slightly shorter if I had a reason to.

ReputationRep:
    Normally about 6 foot - I like 'em tall though

ReputationRep:
    Ooh this annoys me. Im 5"9' and i prefer not to go for shorter guys.. but theres really not that many tall guys.. or at least were i go I know height doesnt REALLY matter, i would go out with a short guy if i liked him, but it looks kinda funny if you are with a shorter guy.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by more adventurous)
    Absolute shortest? Can't be any shorter than me - 5'2". But I wouldn't really fancy dating someone shorter than 5'8".
    Same here...

ReputationRep:
    I am very very short for a guy lol :/ Iam 5.5 or 170cm

ReputationRep:
    How important is height? Obviously a relationship where the girl is taller always looks a bit odd but after the base minimum of height say 5"8 - does it still continue to make a difference?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm 5"10 and a half - 11 maybe... and I'm 6"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxx Anneka xxx)
    I can't say I go for guys shorter than me, but never say never...
    :ditto: Last week I met a guy 5'6-5'7, and if he was gay, I'd have gone for him

ReputationRep:
    Shortest for me would be 5'11 or 6' as I'm 6'2 and think I would look ridiculous with someone much shorter than that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aeiou81)
    I am 5'7" but I wouldn't turn down a guy simply because he was 5'6" or 5'5". But any shorter and it could be a bit weird.
    i can just picture the scene:

guy: can i buy you a drink?

you: hang on - i'll get my tape measure

measures

you: ah, 5'4" - sorry

ReputationRep:
    I don't really mind how tall someone is. One of my ex's was shorter than me.

I'm 5'3 and don't find too many guys shorter than myself, though.

I do like a guy to be taller but I wouldn't feel silly or anything if he wasn't.

ReputationRep:
    I'm small so I guess around 5ft 6? Height is something I notice and find attractive in the opposite sex so preferably more like 5ft 10 minimum, but of course you never know who you'll end up liking so I don't rule any height out :p:.

ReputationRep:
    well im five foot two so id never date a guy my height i love tall guys my bf atm is 6 ft 5 my other exs tend to be around 6ft +

lol

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iTalya)
    My fiancee is 5'2" and proud of it.
    wow, that makes me feel tall! I'm about 5'5"

ReputationRep:
    dont short guys wear heels??

isnt katie price taller than peter andre ive always found that odd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cage)
    wow, that makes me feel tall! I'm about 5'5"
    Boyfriend gets short rage and says '**** you! Lanky *******.'

They're so cute when they are trying to bite your ankles.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.