Coconut oil on skin

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    If i put this oil on my skin Before i go to sleep is this ok ? Do any experts Know ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Dont do it. You'll turn into a giant coconut.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's fine to do that. It will act as a natural moisturiser

ReputationRep:
    Really good for skin and hair tbh, it's a great moisturiser.

ReputationRep:
    Idk about letting it sit on your skin all night, but it's good as a moisturiser and as an oil cleanser HOWEVER it is highly comedogenic (causes breakouts) so test it out first on a small area and then go about using it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's fine to use it at night. Whenever you want really. I tried using it though and hated it, but at least putting it on at night means you don't walk around during the day all oily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nomophobia)
    Idk about letting it sit on your skin all night, but it's good as a moisturiser and as an oil cleanser HOWEVER it is highly comedogenic (causes breakouts) so test it out first on a small area and then go about using it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You may not Know , but how come when i use it i dont breakout ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jollyholly1)
    You may not Know , but how come when i use it i dont breakout ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Because everyone's skin is different and reacts to different things differently - I don't breakout when I use coconut oil either but some do.

Comedogenic just means it blocks your pores really.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If i put this oil on my skin Before i go to sleep is this ok ? Do any experts Know ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That should be fine! I would be a bit weary about it though if you have very acne prone or oily skin already. If you've got normal/dry skin though it should be fine.
    Have you ever used coconut oil to oil cleanse and take makeup off? It works SO well

ReputationRep:
    Coconut should be fine on your skin, but maybe try doing a small patch test before you cover your whole body. I've got quite dry skin and it works a treat for me. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    It is better to use few hours before you are going to bath

ReputationRep:
    don't. i tested it, i used it for weeks, bad idea. ok so my skin might be sensitive to almost everything but coconut or any kind of oil will clog your pores and little white heads will appear the next morning in little bunches, triggering your trypophobia

ReputationRep:
    Coconut oil is also really good for doing facial massages and lymphatic drainage massages with

ReputationRep:
    I use coconut oil & have found it to be the best moisturiser I've tried.

ReputationRep:
    I'm black and coconut oil is for hair only. On my face, and I'll be charcoal the next morning

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, coconut oil helps in fighting acne and acne scars. It is the best natural moisturizer. If you apply it regularly, you will see the result in 3 months.

ReputationRep:
    i love the smell of coconut oil it smells like cookies and i want to eat myself when i put it on

ReputationRep:
    Coconut oil is very good for skin, hair and ... I use it in the kitchen.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 18, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.