Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Looking briefly at ticket prices, the stagecouch website is offering £7.50 7 day pass (magic bus only) and ~£13 7 day pass (magic bus and stagecouch). How often do magic buses come? Is there a better weekly/monthly deal for travelling between oxford road (station) and fallowfield?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Mehhhh)
    Looking briefly at ticket prices, the stagecouch website is offering £7.50 7 day pass (magic bus only) and ~£13 7 day pass (magic bus and stagecouch). How often do magic buses come? Is there a better weekly/monthly deal for travelling between oxford road (station) and fallowfield?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm a Manchester Met student but given it's a thing on transport I should be able to help

Magic buses come like every 30 seconds - literally. If you're waiting more than 2/3 minutes for a bus, you've waited too long :lol: I'd personally recommd buying a yearly Stagecoach pass which costs about £220 for the whole year, which means you can get all on all Stagecoach buses in Manchester and not just the Magic ones?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deyesy)
    I'm a Manchester Met student but given it's a thing on transport I should be able to help

Magic buses come like every 30 seconds - literally. If you're waiting more than 2/3 minutes for a bus, you've waited too long :lol: I'd personally recommd buying a yearly Stagecoach pass which costs about £220 for the whole year, which means you can get all on all Stagecoach buses in Manchester and not just the Magic ones?
    Thanks for this, I'll check out the yearly pass!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Mehhhh)
    Thanks for this, I'll check out the yearly pass!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It just means if it's pouring down with rain (inevitably going to happen in Manchester) and it's 5pm in the afternoon when everyone is trying to get down the 'curry mile' and so buses are packed liked sardines, you're not just stuck to the dark blue buses

You can buy the bus pass per semester which I found really useful too - It was around £100 for semester 1 and £120 for semester 2

ReputationRep:
    Getting the bus from Oxford road will be easy but getting it from fallowfield will be slightly harder as they're usually late (not really late though) in towns buses are every 2 seconds outside of town, buses into town are every 10 minutes

ReputationRep:
    How about the free buses passing oxford road? Are students eligible to embark on those buses? Also, if you live near Oxford Rd is it still advised that ppl should buy stagecoach ticket?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by forbiddenforest)
    How about the free buses passing oxford road? Are students eligible to embark on those buses? Also, if you live near Oxford Rd is it still advised that ppl should buy stagecoach ticket?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wouldn't bother if you lived on Oxford Road; everything is walking distance - one of the reasons I love Manchester

The magic buses are £1 for a single so if you do fancy getting the bus into town for instance, it won't break the bank

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deyesy)
    I wouldn't bother if you lived on Oxford Road; everything is walking distance - one the reasons I love Manchester

The magic buses are £1 for a single so if you do fancy getting the bus into town for instance, it won't break the bank
    Thankies!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.