Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the summer before I start sixth form and i'm required to pick my A Levels (only 3). I really want to do mental health nursing later as a degree but am stuck for A levels to take! I'm not super strong at science but my school do offer a Btec level 3 course as applied science which is good for nursing. Help and advice would be appreciated
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Izzyhope)
    I'm in the summer before I start sixth form and i'm required to pick my A Levels (only 3). I really want to do mental health nursing later as a degree but am stuck for A levels to take! I'm not super strong at science but my school do offer a Btec level 3 course as applied science which is good for nursing. Help and advice would be appreciated
    Many choose to do BTECs and there is a lot of debate surrounding whether they are as good a choice as an A Level. I would recommend trying to stick to A Levels if possible, as these give you more options in the future should you decide to study something else, even one science among other subjects you enjoy and are good at is a good option. Career plans and your aspirations may change, and keeping your options open as much as possible is a good idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlotte49)
    Many choose to do BTECs and there is a lot of debate surrounding whether they are as good a choice as an A Level. I would recommend trying to stick to A Levels if possible, as these give you more options in the future should you decide to study something else, even one science among other subjects you enjoy and are good at is a good option. Career plans and your aspirations may change, and keeping your options open as much as possible is a good idea.
    Thank you! If not would psychology count as a science? I know biology is probably preferred but I'm very interested in taking psychology anyway.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Izzyhope)
    Thank you! If not would psychology count as a science? I know biology is probably preferred but I'm very interested in taking psychology anyway.
    Some count Psychology as a science, others don't. It would be a good idea to look at entry requirements for some of the universities you might be interested in (at a range entry requirements as you won't yet know your predicted grades) to see if they would accept it.*

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.