Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should short people be entitled to a free step ladder from the government? watch

Being short of stature is a disadvantage in life that can prevent the human functioning normally. For example, I couldn't see what was on the top shelf of bakery goodies at the supermarket yesterday. I couldn't reach the car boot lid without jumping yesterday (the stretching I have to do might harm my body) and today, I had real trouble vacuuming around the ceiling of my room. It was just out of reach and I knew that if I were a few inches taller, I could do it.

These are just examples of what the average short person goes through on a daily basis. Others are being too small to see in a crowd, being thought of as younger than you are, being too short to ride on a roller-coaster, etc.

Surely as there are so many free options available to people suffering from other plights, being short should be recognised as a significant disruption in day to day life and short people should receive help from the government, perhaps in the form of a step ladder? Or free stilts and stilts training?

What do you all think?

ReputationRep:
    Definitely! I always have to ask someone in the supermarket to get things off the top shelf.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Yes throw in an oompa loompa suit as well
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Free pogo stick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlenorthernlass)
    Being short of stature is a disadvantage in life that can prevent the human functioning normally. For example, I couldn't see what was on the top shelf of bakery goodies at the supermarket yesterday. I couldn't reach the car boot lid without jumping yesterday (the stretching I have to do might harm my body) and today, I had real trouble vacuuming around the ceiling of my room. It was just out of reach and I knew that if I were a few inches taller, I could do it.

These are just examples of what the average short person goes through on a daily basis. Others are being too small to see in a crowd, being thought of as younger than you are, being too short to ride on a roller-coaster, etc.

Surely as there are so many free options available to people suffering from other plights, being short should be recognised as a significant disruption in day to day life and short people should receive help from the government, perhaps in the form of a step ladder? Or free stilts and stilts training?

What do you all think?
    Umm? What? You vacuum your ceiling?

ReputationRep:
    How short?

ReputationRep:
    No tall people should be required to undergo compulsory amputations once they hit 6 foot.

ReputationRep:
    I think fat people should be entitled to a free treadmill

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GUMI)
    Would you like to buy mine ;D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GUMI)
    They'll just sell it

ReputationRep:
    I have a step ladder. I never knew my real ladder...but I heard great things about him, like he supported 3 people at one time... last I heard he was In a 12 step program.

Ahh, Jay London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhisperingTide)
    I have a step ladder. I never knew my real ladder...but I heard great things about him, like he supported 3 people at one time... last I heard he was In a 12 step program.

Ahh, Jay London.
    This is my favourite post on TSR.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.