Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone
    What books would you recommend a medicine applicant to read to show interest and engagement for further study?
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I highly recommend "a short introduction to medical ethics" it was a really good read and was very useful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BackLumbarJack)
    Hi everyone
    What books would you recommend a medicine applicant to read to show interest and engagement for further study?
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I also agree with a short introduction to medical ethics. Would also recommend the selfish gene, do no harm, the immortal life of henrietta lacks, stiff: the curious life of human cadavers, a biography of cancer, cutting for stone, when breath becomes air. I personally wouldn't recommend the man who mistook his wife for a hat, in my year everyone seemed to read that and put it in their personal statements p, it became a cliche.
    As I said these are just recommendations, by no means should ŷou read all of these, but look at the blurbs and see which ones interest you.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Some good info here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4242292

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the suggestions

Posted from TSR Mobile
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BackLumbarJack)
    Hi everyone
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hello

We've got a really interesting Medical Applicant Reading List written by a successful applicant from the most recent cycle ! It's got quite a few good books you could read.

Also, check out Richard Lehman's Weekly Review in the BMJ. Every week he summarises and comments on the latest medical research papers and findings. Reading this will give you a great insight into the academic research world - plus you'll have a few laughs along the way as he is quite funny!

Hope you find the above useful,
    The Medic Portal

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.